wonkman

Limp Gawd
Large Image (dial-up beware)

Link to Westinghouse website

Press Release

MSRP $1899

Changes:
HDMI and 2 DVI (all HDCP), 8ms vs 12ms response, longer lamp life, styling

Westinghouse’s LVM 37w3 is a stunning 37" 1080p monitor that enhances the decor of any entertainment room. This versatile 1080p monitor functions as a television when hooked up to an external HD cable or satellite box or can also serve as a computer monitor when attached to a PC. Featuring an industry-leading five HD input connectors for high definition sources consumers can watch TV, DVDs, play video games, surf the Internet or view digital photos in 1080p resolution.

Display Specifications
Viewable Screen Size 37" Diagonal
16:9 Aspect ratio
Native/Optimum Resolution 1920 x 1080
16.7 Million colors
Compatible Modes
NTSC
HD Ready
PC 480i
480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p
1920 x 1080, 640 x 480, 800 x 600, 1024 x 768
Contrast Ratio 1000:1
Brightness 550 cd/m2
Color Gamut 75% NTSC
Lamp Life 60,000 Hrs
Viewing Angle 176° Horizontal
176° Vertical
Response Time 8 ms
Audio 2-15 watt speakers
Video Processing Progressive Scan, Aspect Ratio Conversion, CCS (Cross Color Suppressor), 3D Noise Reduction, PIP, Inverse 3:2 pulldown, Freezing Picture, 3D Video Processing, 3D Comb Filter

Connectors

QTY: 1
TYPE: HDMI(R)-HDCP + L/R Audio
FORMATS SUPPORTED: 480i/p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p

QTY: 2
TYPE: DVI -HDCP + L/R Audio
FORMATS SUPPORTED: 480i/p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p

TYPE: VGA/D-Sub/
FORMATS SUPPORTED: RGB + Audio mini jack 480i/p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p

QTY: 2
TYPE: YPbPr Component Video
FORMATS SUPPORTED: + L/R Audio 480i/p, 720p, 1080i

TYPE: S-Video+ L/R Audio 480i/p

TYPE: Composite Video + L/R Audio 480i/p

TYPE: L/R Audio out, Switched, Fixed Volume

Damn, anybody want to buy a 3 week old LVM-37w1? Oh well, the one I have is still awsome.

BestBuy already has them at their warehouses. You have to order it from the store and either go pick it up if the warehouse is nearby or they truck it out to the store you bought it from.

I don't think it's on the site yet but when it is you can probably get it from there.

I am in Love!! Someone want to buy my 2405? It's only a month old. LoL $1888 hehe

Riptide_NVN said:
BestBuy already has them at their warehouses. You have to order it from the store and either go pick it up if the warehouse is nearby or they truck it out to the store you bought it from.

I don't think it's on the site yet but when it is you can probably get it from there.

Would you happen to know the price of it from them?

I wonder if they're going to offer a LVM-32w3 version...i think a 37" is a bit too big from a 3 ft. distance :D

I'm guessing $1799 or whatever the MSRP is.

Pricey. But all the nice toys are. ;)
noobtech said:
I am in Love!! Someone want to buy my 2405? It's only a month old. LoL $1888 hehe
Sold my 2405FPW and got the LVM-37W1. Then exchanged that for the 42W2. ;)

CRAP
so now i dont know what to get

the HD version is in stores, i saw it today
its a 720p model but more of a tv than just a monitor

all i want to do is play 360 on it, and the ps3 when it comes out.
is 1080p really all that necessary for consoles?
not sure which would be better?
:confused:

I would get 1080p support if you can. Even if you don't intend to use it as a monitor. More resolution is always a good thing IMO. :)

J&R is offering pre-ordering for $1799. Aztekcomputers has it listed at $1656. Check Froogle.

Nobish question but does anyone know the max res it can hit outside of native.

Also I dont know much about vista and DX10 but will there be any conflicts in that arena?

looks awesome but I would want it to last at least 2-3 years.

apcor: it'll be fine with Vista and any other device that will require HDCP. It supports 1080p and HDCP on it's HDMI input and both DVI's.

This is a tough one. This new update puts the specs ahead of the dell 3007. At least as I can see. I like big screens but 37 " is just massive for a monitor. Which way to go???

LittleMe said:
apcor: it'll be fine with Vista and any other device that will require HDCP. It supports 1080p and HDCP on it's HDMI input and both DVI's.

Westinghouse has left a bad taste in my mouth, though it is obvious they are trying to head in a new direction...it'll be interesting to see how this performs

rayman2k2 said:
Westinghouse has left a bad taste in my mouth, though it is obvious they are trying to head in a new direction...it'll be interesting to see how this performs

whats the bad taste you speak of?
dead pixels?

Well the 37W1 had it's share of problems and the 42W2 isn't perfect either. So I'm guessing this one won't be God's gift either. That said it's probably going to be a very nice display just like the previous ones. Just not perfect.

Honestly after using these big panels there is no way in hell I would go back to anything less than 37". I'm in love. :p

screw the new Dell 30", wow that thing looks sick. Hum I am getting my tax return soon ;)

Hmm, this looks very tempting but does anyone have any experience with Aztekcomputers? They seem kind of shady even though that price is great on the 37-w3. It's probably going to be tough for me to find a company reliable enough to ship this monitor to where I am. :(

IMHO - best buy is your best option. You'll pay a bit more but the convenience of not having to mail the thing out should you desire an exchange or refund is SO worth it.

I'm sure it'll be an awesome display. We're going to get some end user initial impressions any hour now over on avsforum since someone already has one.

And yeah - to hell with the Dell. It might have more desktop space and pixel density but it's so... SMALL. bahahahaaha

Now that I have the Dell 3007 sitting on my desk, maybe I'll get THIS one into my living room. ;)

Someone needs to find out the Best buy employee price :)

I want that soooooo bad.

Man, that TV looks nice. It is hard to not buy one. I never thought after getting a 42" HD Plasma that I would want a new TV soo soon (well, I guess I have had the plasma for over 3 years). I can't quite jump on this. I am trying to hold out for the SED sets (Hopefully dual SED sets for PS3 :eek: . If SED TVs are much more expensive, then maybe 2 of something similar to the Westinghouses would do.

omg, I almost bought a naga 37" tv because of the color scheme of the westinghouse, thank god I waited, this new model is sweet, black and silver, YES

SED probably won't be out and affordable for at least two years, possibly longer.

I'd go for one of these and just start enjoying it. :)

Riptide_NVN said:
IMHO - best buy is your best option. You'll pay a bit more but the convenience of not having to mail the thing out should you desire an exchange or refund is SO worth it.

save a couple of bucks buying online, then pay major bucks trying to get service. no thanks. I agree BB is the best option with something this big and potentially so fragile.

Yeap, i think that's the one i was waiting for. Time to sell my dual 21"ers.

apcor said:
This is a tough one. This new update puts the specs ahead of the dell 3007. At least as I can see. I like big screens but 37 " is just massive for a monitor. Which way to go???

I like both of my 3007's better. They do have a higher resolution than the Westy but then again, I'm only using the Westy as a TV right now. I have a Vista setup on a box right now hooked up to it but MCE is still to slow and I want cablecard support before I make the big push to HTPC.

Back