Westinghouse LVM-37W3 $925 Shipped (AMIR)

This would be pretty hot if it didnt have a rebate!

Something tells me the price of the 37" Westy will be dropping soon! I hope it does. :D

bump for an awesome monitor at an awesome price. Bar none the best HD monitor for the price, and the 1900X1080 native resolution does make a noticeable difference compared to the 1366X768 native res of the other monitors I see posted here quite often.

I was going to post this myself, then saw that someone beat me to it. :D

Damn, just bought one for almost 100 bucks more.

also, as a side note, you might be able to apply google checkout 20 bucks of 50 to this and get it even cheaper.

wait till the end of 07. TVs like this will be $500...

Great, then I can get a dual monitor setup. ;)

Better yet, wait until 2147 and get a holodeck for this price.

sirplayalot said:
Why not just wait till the end of 08 then when these TV's are 200?

Exactly. Waiting will be a perpetual cycle. You gotta pull the trigger eventually.

On a side note, does anyone know Buy.com's return policy on dead pixels? I really don't like them much as a company, but its such a sweet deal. I don't want to get screwed.

EDIT: Nevermind, it's pretty risky considering, if they're any problems, you're left out in the cold to ship to Westinghouse.

Buy.com said:
Oversize Televisions
• Oversize televisions (27 inches and larger) may not be returned at all. Be advised that the following responsibilities are yours upon taking delivery of your oversize television.
• You must carefully inspect the box your TV comes in before the shipper leaves your premises. If you discover damage, or an incorrect item, refuse delivery. The shipper will remove the oversize TV and we will credit your order.
• Do not sign the shipper's release form unless you have inspected the TV. Your acceptance of the TV constitutes your acceptance of the condition of the TV as delivered, and you understand that you cannot return the TV.
• After delivery, contact the manufacturer directly or check any applicable warranty you might have.

I would rather get the 32" samsung with the built in hd and atsc tuner as well as RGB connection. Much better monitor, 3001:1 contrast ratio. $919 shipped.

Samsung

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Josh Hazel said:
I would rather get the 32" samsung with the built in hd and atsc tuner as well as RGB connection. Much better monitor, 3001:1 contrast ratio. $919 shipped.

Samsung

Nah, 1366X768. You can get that for $600 all day long. Over $900 is definitely NOT hot. This 37" 1080P blows that out of the water. period <.>

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Being the weak man I am, I pulled the trigger. I should be able to get this for around $950 after rebate and credit card cashback rewards. It is almost as good as the BF deal at Cruthfield. I can't wait. Thanks OP.

So tempted but the return policy kills it. I'll pick it up at sams club for $100 more just to be safe.

I agree about the return policy, last week i bought the samsung 4041 40" lcd. it worked for almost a week and the backlight has completely died out, we get sound and everything, just totally black display, but now at least we can return to bestbuy around the corner. I guess buying online is a risk you should carfully consider

Oh man I'm a sucker I ended up buying it.

I was banking on going to Sams Club in Oregon for no Tax, but I found out there is none in Oregon. So basicly it would have been $240 more from Sams club for me because of Tax and I would have to buy a membership. Hopefully I get one without dead pixels.

Just thinking outloud....I wonder if you could buy one from Sams and return the defective Buy.com one (if it was defective)? Its pretty risky if they keep track of the item somehow. Otherwise, it might be an out if you lose the pixel lottery.

I just threw down some change and got one too... Guess I'll be pissing the delivery guy off when he gets here so I can test the screen before I sign for it. :p

Good Price, Great Monitor. I use it as a bedroom TV. Don't care much about having an HD Tuner since I have DirecTV anyway. I got mine from Cruthfield which I'm told has an excellent customer service. And since this one my first LCD 1080p monitor I bought the 3 year extented Warranty (only 80 bucks) just to be on the safe side. Needless to say that wife loves it. Definately an awesome monitor/tv.

nicepun said:
Good Price, Great Monitor. I use it as a bedroom TV. Don't care much about having an HD Tuner since I have DirecTV anyway. I got mine from Cruthfield which I'm told has an excellent customer service. And since this one my first LCD 1080p monitor I bought the 3 year extented Warranty (only 80 bucks) just to be on the safe side. Needless to say that wife loves it. Definately an awesome monitor/tv.

How did you manage to get the warranty for 80? When I try to add the warranty, its listed for $99.99. Is there a coupon or something?

rockman1117 said:
How did you manage to get the warranty for 80? When I try to add the warranty, its listed for $99.99. Is there a coupon or something?

I guess I was been too mondest, it was actually $85.99. which I still think it's pretty good for 3 years.

nicepun said:
I guess I was been too mondest, it was actually $85.99. which I still think it's pretty good for 3 years.

Even then, you have something going on with your ordering situation that I can't get to. I'm pretty envious of your situation. I guess it doesn't matter because the screens are outta stock now.

Mine was shipped out today and buy.com dropped the price $7 after GCO is gone.

Ignorance is bliss... - Cypher, The Matrix

1920x1080 FTW
1366x768 for suckers

:p

cjm18 said:
How do ppl know this will be 500 by year's end?
i stated it will be 500 by the end of 07...not this year.
i was looking into my crystal ball...

really though, the market is going to be flooded with cheap LCD tvs in 07. the only thing that can happen is price drops across the board for these types of tvs.

rockman1117 said:
Just thinking outloud....I wonder if you could buy one from Sams and return the defective Buy.com one (if it was defective)? Its pretty risky if they keep track of the item somehow. Otherwise, it might be an out if you lose the pixel lottery.

That would be a criminal act. It's fraud.
You are representing something to the retailer that it is not. Namely, something purchased from them.
I love how nonchalant people are about this behavior.

I'm hoping mine will come tomorrow but I don't know because buy.com says there is no tracking number even though it says its been shipped UPS. Anyone get theres yet?

I bought mine early AM of the 26th. Mine has been "sent to warehouse" for 6 days. Buy.com did not change the status of the 37W3 to back-ordered til the 29th. Is the communication that poor between their sales team and the warehouse? (Lets just keep selling them even though we dont have any... we can get more in stock later!) Yeah, Im getting a lil steamed. I have not received any email responses to my emails I sent them days ago via their little web based help page and I could not understand the people at their help line on 3 different occasions.

http://buy.com ==> looking up my google purchase

SKU: 202790596 Westinghouse LVM-37W3 37" LCD Display $999.95 Sent to Warehouse

http://checkout.google.com
Your order is in progress.
Dec 26 - Your credit card (MASTERCARD xxx-XXXX) was charged for $1,024.08. "GOOGLE BUY COM" will appear on your credit card statement.
Dec 26 - Buy.com has sent the following message: "Your Buy.com Order number is: XXXXXXXX"
Dec 26 - Buy.com received your order.
Dec 26 - Your order was sent to Buy.com. A confirmation email was sent to you by Google.
They got my money, I didnt even get a reach-around... let alone a tracking number.

Ideas?

There have been a ton of articles lately saying that the prices of LCDs are going to drop significantly.

There have also been a ton of articles stating the QX6600 cpu is in the $500 range.
or that politicians are honest.

Don't believe everything that you read.
You'll get a parking violation and a maggot on your sleeve

Yes, ALL technology, goes down in price. The point is, the price NOW is $1200+ for this screen normally, so $925 AR is a hot deal.

Maybe in june you can get it for $600, but, then again, in june, you'll be able to buy a QX6700 for $700, and 500gb sata2 drives for $89.. doesn't make $900 and $129 for them, NOW, a bad deal. in 2011, 1.5 TB drives will be $50, ... how far in the future do you go before you say "oh, well, maybe I should wait?"

Yeah, they are. But 1080p LCDs are not going to drop like that.
Partially Correct, partially incorrect. The prevelance of 1080p will cause the market for 720p (and 480p) to reduce to the point that places will have to 'liquidate' [but then again, i still see SDTV, CRT televisions being sold] the "lesser" tech. but that does not mean that maximus isn't partially correct as well. 1080p will come down in price as well. This time, next year, I predict the 42" 1080p lcds will be at this pricepoint, and that'll be one WITH a tuner, or some other improved feature, like, a memory card reader port or something, or maybe just a superior brand, such as samsung.

Back