Westinghouse L2410NM $359 BestBuy Online

I have been hesitant to pick up a new monitor..but I picked this up today and love it. Very bright screen and colors just as good as the sony 19" I upgraded from...I was able to get this for $354 at checkout using a %10 coupon and also used a triple bb reward points coupons since it will be my bday this month.

Still lovin' mine. HDMI no-wake-up issue is a minor annoyance that I can live with for the price. (free as a christmas gift... :cool: )

BB

Compared to the OM Soyo this thing sucks.

I bought one and wanted to have a dual setup with the soyo just so I can have hdmi inputs but oh man.

Compared to the Soyo some of the darker colors are way too dark that they blend in together, there's screendoor effect on the top right of the screen as well as a 'hint' of graininess. This thing is going back to BB compared to my beautiful Soyo.

I bought one and wanted to have a dual setup with the soyo just so I can have hdmi inputs but oh man.

Compared to the Soyo some of the darker colors are way too dark that they blend in together, there's screendoor effect on the top right of the screen as well as a 'hint' of graininess. This thing is going back to BB compared to my beautiful Soyo.

dang that sucks. thought they used the same s-pva panel. maybe i read it wrong somewhere. if only the soyo was hdcp compatible. stupid restrictions.

Suggested a soyo for co-worker - first one bad right away, second took just over a month to get the black strip of dead pixels, so had to be shipped back. This one seems okay, but we'll see. I'm not impressed with the quality of the soyo build. Aesthetically, I'd have to say the Soyo is about as ugly a monitor as I've ever seen. Giant white letters on it's giant bezel proclaiming it as a "SOYO TOPAZ" - goes well here at the firm. I also think having a system without HDCP will be made frustrating by the power that be in the near future.

My westinghouse, by comparison, has a screen with which I can't honestly find anything wrong. This after buying and returning 4 2001FPs before I got a good one, and purchasing 6 2407s before I gave up (no exaggeration). To say the lease, I'm picky. Biggest drawback for me was HDMI instead of DVI - picked up a DVI to HDMI from monoprice and all is well.

I picked up my westinghouse at Sam's for $329, $357 out the door.

I was gonna jump on this because the Westinghouse site says it's an MVA, but I realized the 170/160 angles on Best Buy's site didn't seem right, so I looked around and found this...

http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.aspx?catid=31&threadid=2107419

Arg. I need something to replace these behemoth Viewsonic G810s (yes, two of them) that dominate my desk...especially since one maxes out its brightness at a considerably lower level than the other, which has problems with randomly flickering during use.

But I'm beginning to think there's no trickier purchase than a freakin' monitor.

I guess what I take away from that (particularly the second page) is that it IS an MVA?...

I was gonna jump on this because the Westinghouse site says it's an MVA, but I realized the 170/160 angles on Best Buy's site didn't seem right, so I looked around and found this...

http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.aspx?catid=31&threadid=2107419

I guess what I take away from that (particularly the second page) is that it IS an MVA?...

The response from westinghouse says that the information on the website is correct. The website says MVA panel. I take from this either (a) that's not really a response from westinghouse, or (b) there was a miscommunication about what model was being discussed.

I think there's a general fear that all these MVA panels will go away and the 24" low-end will be TN only. It's FUD.

I picked mine up a week ago. I haven't opened it, but it does not appear to me to be a TN panel.

I purchased the L2410NM this afternoon. $359 for this monitor is a pretty sweet deal. DVI to HDMI works fine. Blacks are solid. I dont see red/purple hues like the Dells have. I havent found any dead pixels so far. Rocks so far!

hate that i couldnt sell my 37 westy in time for this deal. dammit... i need to downgrade. haha. oh wells.

I have seen this monitor in person at a Best Buy and an Airforce BX. though there was nothing saying its an MVA, I'm most certain it is because they did not show major vertical color and brightness shift like a TN would. the one at the BX had a pure blue display (probably no video signal) and the one at Best-Buy had a sunset image on it. the one at best buy also had a samsung 22 inch RIGHT next to it, so the comparison to a known TN was quite easy.

dang that sucks. thought they used the same s-pva panel. maybe i read it wrong somewhere. if only the soyo was hdcp compatible. stupid restrictions.

Everyone I suppose will have a different experience, but most have reported a far superior
experience with the Westy vs the Soyo. The inconsistency with Soyo's build quality
scared me away. Not saying the Westy has a perfect track record, but reports on its
build quality seem more stable.

I am really glad I hopped on this deal @ BB yesterday, I almost held off until today.

I needed my 22" Acer for something else, so I jumped on this deal. Good thing I did since the deal went away so fast, $550 today.

The picture is a lot better, but I could get grumpy over the lack of DVI, who ever heard of an LCD that only comes with a VGA cable?

I'm sitting at a Dell 24" monitor now, and the picture doesn't look any better than the Westy. The TN panel in the Acer is acceptable to me, but it's obviously more washed out. It's on my cnc milling machine right now. Hopefully I can pick up a deal on something smaller, 22" is too big a target for flying chips.

I am thinking of picking one of these up at Sams.

So does it use the same panel as a 2407/Soyo monitor?

Also what kind of cables does it include?

Not sure what panel it uses, but it comes with VGA cables, Audio cable for built in speakers, and power cord.

yea, i'm picking one up from SamsClub ASAP. The $329 is sweet, good thing i didnt get the BB deal of $359

Anybody know if samsclub will ship between stores?

its in stock about 45 minutes away, but the member i know shops at the one down the road.

Yeah. I wish I could argue against you. But, I as well had both side by side on my table....as many have confirmed, there's strong black crush going on with the Westy. But, if having a fancy bezel is more important to you, go for the westy. I know i don't really spend too much time looking at my bezel. Nor do I wear gold watches, cuff links, or shiny black shoes.

No one should wear shinny shoes - they're probably very uncomfortable, since I imagine they do something to your shins.

thanks for that grammar lesson/red herring/ad hominem combo. I'll have to get my heavy 'n' finger fixed. Probably retake a few HS keyboarding classes

Yeah. I wish I could argue against you. But, I as well had both side by side on my table....as many have confirmed, there's strong black crush going on with the Westy. But, if having a fancy bezel is more important to you, go for the westy. I know i don't really spend too much time looking at my bezel. Nor do I wear gold watches, cuff links, or shinny black shoes.

No one should wear shinny shoes - they're probably very uncomfortable, since I imagine they do something to your shins.

Back