Westinghouse help!!!!

holla2006

n00b
Hi there, iam going to purchase a:

Westinghouse 37" HDTV 1080p LCD TV LVM37W3

http://www.westinghousedigital.com/d...spx?itemnum=56

These momitors are produced in the USA, and im going to import one here to the UK. But there are a few issues i have. Couple of question.

1. This monitor has no tuner, so i presume i do not have to worry about PAL, NTSC etc etc. So it will be compatible??

2. I shall have to purchase a new UK compatible AC Power cord/plug for the monitor. What issue shall occur here, e.g. diffrence in power usuage in the two regions??

http://www.westinghousedigital.com/p...ser_Manual.pdf

The user guide above for the monitor mentions of Britain!!!! help here.

3. Shall the warranty still cover me here in the UK??

4. does anyone have any idea what the import costs of this monitor would be.

5. what are the diemension and weight whilst in the box.

I can only help with a couple of questions. If the monitor's power brick accepts both 110V and 220V, all you need is a plug adapter. If not, you also need a step-down power converter powerful enough to handle the monitor (check in the manual how many watts it requires). They're fairly cheap and can be found at many online retailers. I use a 300W stepdown converter to use my American Xbox 360 in Europe.

And no, you needn't worry about PAL/SECAM/NTSC compatibility.

C.

can anyone tell me where i can purchase one of the monitors???

i need to know websites, taxing costs to import, and delivery cost. Any help would be great!!

thanks

holla2006 said:
can anyone tell me where i can purchase one of the monitors???

i need to know websites, taxing costs to import, and delivery cost. Any help would be great!!

thanks

anyone help???????

HI,

I have the same questions as holla2006.

I live in Germany and I badly want to have this Westinghouse.

Thx for your help,

tgp

thegermanpimp said:
HI,

I have the same questions as holla2006.

I live in Germany and I badly want to have this Westinghouse.

Thx for your help,

tgp

I live in Germany and I ordered one of these from a bhphoto.com but I'm having it sent to a friend that lives on a military base. Unfortunately, I have no idea when they will send it. :(

I was told it would be 7-14 days until B&H got it and then it would ship to me, I am guessing a month. They order it from Westinghouse and so that is the reason for the extended delay. I ordered mine this month and should be here by the end of it or beginning of next month.

If anyone has some experience grabbing a Westy into the UK, I/we would really appreciate some help on this. I've been looking for a 1080p monitor for some time, that I can hook up to a 360/PC/Powerbook, and this one really fits the bill! I was also looking at the new WZ Benq which is being sold in the Uk, but I'd much rather have the real estate of 37" :rolleyes:

Anyway, the usual queries apply:

1) Reliable import stores online
2) Shipping costs/handling cost/hidden costs
3) Time to ship
4) Things I should know before hand

Cheers very much for your help in advance!

Back