Westinghouse 47" Good for gaming ?

I am thinking about buying this particular TV from my local best buy, and was just wondering if anyyone has one and if they could share their experience with one. Any pictures or reviews would be greatfully appreciated. My friend has the 37 Inch, and it looks amazing in counter strike. I was just wondering if the bigger size would cause any ghosting/distortion. THANKS.

what are you planning on using to power this screen if you did get it?? Hmmm??? Magic?? Two 7950gx2's?? Even then, you arent only going to play counter strike, What happens when games that chew more power come along and those cards you spent so much on just to get a decent frame rate dont cut it anymore? I'd wait till the G80 series comes out, or better and see how they perform with mamouth screens.

Correct me if im wrong here- i very well may be lol :p

Rotten_Necro said:
what are you planning on using to power this screen if you did get it?? Hmmm??? Magic?? Two 7950gx2's?? Even then, you arent only going to play counter strike, What happens when games that chew more power come along and those cards you spent so much on just to get a decent frame rate dont cut it anymore? I'd wait till the G80 series comes out, or better and see how they perform with mamouth screens.

Correct me if im wrong here- i very well may be lol :p
Ok I will correct you...what are you talking about? It's only 1920x1080 resolution? You could use an old 6600 to power it at the game's max res with eye candy? CS is not that demanding at all...it's the exact same as a 24'' Dell at 1920x1200 or a 60'' plasma at the same resolution, it should "power" it just fine? I don't think you really understand the relationship between resolution, videocard, "power," and fps and how the physical size of the monitor really has little to do with it.

Just because it is a bigger screen doesn't mean it is harder to run games on. It is still the same 1920x1080 resolution. It should be fine, I just couldn't ever use something that big for PC gaming.

Back