• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Westinghouse 42"

I suggest reading this thread:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=618590

I have one right now. I am having it exchanged this weekend and am trying for a better one.

How does it compare to the LVM-37W1?

No backlight bleed in the corners. Bigger (ofcourse). Nicer looking bezzle and stand design. 1080p supported on both DVI inputs. Also supports HDMI connector.

There are two reported problems. Some sets have a lockup problem where they quit responding to the controls (remote or buttons). Requires a power cycle by pulling the power cable. Not all sets have this. Second problem, and the one I'm seeing with my first one, is vertical banding showing up when solid gray or blue backgrounds are used. The jury is still out on this but at least one person has come back and stated theirs does not have that problem. Tomorrow I get my replacement and we'll see...

If it weren't for the vertical banding this would be my DREAM monitor. Huge. 1080p resolution. Just great for movies and games that support widescreen. If the replacement comes and fixes the banding for me no question I will keep it.
 
Riptide_NVN said:
If it weren't for the vertical banding this would be my DREAM monitor. Huge. 1080p resolution. Just great for movies and games that support widescreen. If the replacement comes and fixes the banding for me no question I will keep it.
Hmmm, that's too bad. I live in Canada so taking it back for replacement is a bit harder to do... ;)
 
Back
Top