Westinghouse 27" LCD

Scheizekopf

[H]ard|Gawd
I just picked up my new tv today. Westinghouse 27" LCD . After waiting a week for it to finally come in I got it today.

I just found out that it doesnt have a DVI port. Only a VGA. When I get home I'll hook it up and check it out.

I have 30 days to decide if I want it or if I want to upgrade it or take it back. There is the 30" that has the DVI but it's $1500 instead of $1100.

Does anybody have this TV or have seen it?

What should I do?

I'm not sure if I really want to keep it. The widescreen with the cable tv is really weird. Very hard to getting used to it.

Pictures!!!!!

NewLCD6.jpg

NewLCD5.jpg

NewLCD4.jpg

NewLCD3.jpg

NewLCD2.jpg

NewLCD1.jpg

Given that you want to use it as a monitor, you might as well go for the DVI version.

Is it worth $400 for 3 inches and DVI?

And if I decide to keep it I think I should add the Service plan for 4 years which is $400.

Scheizekopf said:
Is it worth $400 for 3 inches and DVI?

And if I decide to keep it I think I should add the Service plan for 4 years which is $400.

I think the consensus around here is that DVI is worth it. The additional 3 inches is just bonus. I personally don't use DVI due to having an older monitor, but it should be worth it: if you eventually decide to make an HTPC or hook up some DVR/TiVo to your TV, the DVI input will give you options.

The service plan is entirely up to you. It depends on what the terms are and if you personally feel it's worth it.

On another note, how's the image and construction quality on this set? I'm in the market for a Sharp 26'', but it's expensive, constantly out of stock, and I'm starting to think it's not large enough.

The construction is very nice. The quality is decent. I think it's probably almost as nice as the Sharp for much much cheaper. I think the Syntax Olevia 27" has a DVI port. It's so much easier to just pick up a tv at a Best Buy or Circuit City than getting it shipped.

I'm going to give it at least a week.

Back