Westinghouse 22" LCD Monitor

hacktor2

Limp Gawd
I just bought the Westinghouse 22" monitor and HOLY MOLY! My last monitor was the ViewSonic G90fb 19" CRT, which was also an excellent monitor. This is my first LCD purchase and I am very happy with it. Currently i'm running the monitor at 1680X1050 and man games and videos look great! Pics will come soon

Not too crap on your new purchase, but I walked into BB intending to buy that very Westinghouse, but instead walked out with the Gateway FPD2185W (they were $20 apart). Why? Gateway has VGA, DVI, Composite, S-Video, Component inputs, plus Faroudja DCDi and a sweet bezel, which to me was worth more than the extra inch. Both were very close quality wise though, but the Westy's bezel was a bit "thick".

An excellent monitor though, and truly excellent for gaming with its response times. (The Westy that is, though the Gateway is good for gaming as well.)

The Westinghouse has VGA, DVI, composite, s-video, and component, but lacks the DCDi (not even sure what that is exactly). It also has 2 RCA audio out.

The Gateway has the Westinghouse beat in panel quality though, since it is S-PVA (I believe) instead of TN. However my local BB wasn't selling that model, and it is $100 more on their website. :rolleyes:

I don't really do much in the way of graphic design and photoshopping, so colors don't matter much to me. That being said, I'm very happy with the Westinghouse, although the Gateway is a very good monitor (and I woulda picked it up instead if they were similarly priced with equal availability in my area). I can definitely see where you're coming from.

As my first LCD monitor, and the extra 3", this monitor is amazing! I love it!

vexeus said:
The Westinghouse has VGA, DVI, composite, s-video, and component, but lacks the DCDi (not even sure what that is exactly). It also has 2 RCA audio out.
Oh shit, that's right. I recall the RCA out being a factor in my decision, but I ended up getting a 2.5mm to RCA adapter to play my console sound over my comp speakers so didn't need the built-in Westy's.

Back