Westinghouse 19" Widescreen LCD Monitor 1440x900 8ms 500:1 $299.99

On sale for $284.99 for me. :)

I may have to pick this one up....

-bZj

was that $284.99 online because I'm not sure the store matches their own webpage... anyone know about this one? I could use the xtra money to get that DVI cord....

etexjc said:
A little fuzzy outta box but I think that is because i'm using analog cable instead of DVI right now. I'm running a ATI AIW 9000 Pro.

is it running at the native resolution?

etexjc said:
was that $284.99 online because I'm not sure the store matches their own webpage... anyone know about this one? I could use the xtra money to get that DVI cord....
You can always purchase and choose local pickup.

-bZj

check out ChiefValue, they have one for $270 i think or cheaper. i know it was less than $300

needmorecarnitine said:
is it running at the native resolution?

Found what the problem was, the way it's setup out of the box is horrible, made a few minor tweaks (turned off auto adjust) and it looks great now. However DivX and MPEG-2 are a bit pixelated on faster scenes of most of my DVD's. However, to surf the web and watching TV on my AIW card at the same time is very nice indeed. I really need to upgrade to a 9600 or better(AGP), so i can use my 17" Dell CRT and this WS LCD to make my multi-tasking even better.

James

I saw one, but I feel the Xerox is a nicer monitor, plus it has 2 VGA and 1 DVI

im thinking about picking this up tonight from best buy.. question though any of you that have it how is the ghosting in games? this is a badass price for a 19 inch widescreen monitor with 8ms response time.. my choice is between this and a Realsync 19inch which i know is good with games by reading the reviews from my local pcclub.. what you guys think? my mom is gonna actually have to pick it up for me best buy closes later than pcclub does.. think i should go with the realsync?

How good would this be for gaming? If I can only run a game in 1024x768 is there a lower resolution that I could run for it?

Comp Specs are in sig. I play BF2, CoD2, NFS MW, CS Source, DoD Source.

Would be upgrading from a 17" KDS Flatscreen (not panel) CRT.

I'm not a gamer per se, but i guess i could try it out with my fiancee's Diablo 2 she has....

it's a great monitor. I was searching for a couple months and finally decided on this one. Yes, definatley take te auto off. No ghosting at all, and I play alot of FPS games(COD2, FEAR) Via DVI is very nice, especially when paired with a capable VC. Awesome LCD for the money (and I paid 360 after taxes @ my local bestbuy).
I'm lovin' my westy.

if your looking for a DVI cable, I got lucky and bought one at RadioShack on sale for $12.99, normally $129.99. Its the Radio shack "gold series". They have a new contract with Monster Cables that requires them to only carry their brand, so they liquidated all other DVI cables.

IQ is tons better via DVI.

Back