Western Digital Se?

It is a decent mid-performance enterprise drive (though this generation is a little long in the tooth, the last reviews I have seen were 2013/2014). What is your use case for the drive, what type of enclosure is it going in and how many (and what capacity) are you going for?

It is a decent mid-performance enterprise drive (though this generation is a little long in the tooth, the last reviews I have seen were 2013/2014). What is your use case for the drive, what type of enclosure is it going in and how many (and what capacity) are you going for?

Most likely be mounted in my case. Lookin at 2 drives (either 1 or 2TB) in a RAID 1 as a general backup with some sort of redundancy.

I would get the Seagate Constellation ES.3. Here is the Storagereview.com review. 2TB is $139, 4TB only $199. Less money and better/quieter drive than the WD imho (in this particular comparison case, that is.)

I have a pair of ES.3 1TB running for years without issue, they are rock solid.
If you want to stick with WD then their gold series is their latest updated over
RE or SE.
I also recall the SE did not have any latch connector for the cable, they were designed for back planes.

Back