• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Western Digital Elements Issue

techxx

n00b
Joined
Jan 8, 2012
Messages
17
Hello,

I have a 500 GB External Hard drive, Western Digital (USB 2.0) . Everytime I plug it in my explorer freezes. All I have to do is restart my Laptop after that, the Hard drive is detected.

Any Ideas?

Thanks,

Mark
 
Hello,

I have a 500 GB External Hard drive, Western Digital (USB 2.0) . Everytime I plug it in my explorer freezes. All I have to do is restart my Laptop after that, the Hard drive is detected.

Any Ideas?

Thanks,

Mark

If you plug it into another machine, does the same thing happen? What laptop do you have, what version of windows, have you updated the BIOS and/or USB/Chipset drivers to their latest versions?
 
Problem did not occur when I plug it in on another system. I already updated the bios and chipset.
 
Do you have antivirus software installed? Temporarily disable it and see if the problem continues. What happens with other usb ports on the laptop? Which laptop are you using?
 
Back
Top