Western Digital Demonstrates World’s First 1TB SDXC Card

HardOCP News

[H] News
I have good news for all you videographers out there shooting high-definition video. Western Digital just announced the world's first 1TB terabyte SDXC card. No performance or pricing numbers at this time but, given the fact that 512GB cards are around $300, you can bet a 1TB version is going to be fairly spendy.

Western Digital Corporation, a global storage technology and solutions leader, today unveiled its SanDisk® 1TB terabyte (TB) SDXC™ card prototype at the world's leading trade fair for photo and video professionals. With increasing demand for high resolution content, such as 4K and 8K, the company continues to push the boundaries of technology with solutions that support the exponential growth of data-intensive production demands.

Now we just need to wait for the Micro SD version so I can have 1TB in my phone :eek:

I remember when I first started working the in Document imaging industry and Kodak brought out the first 1TB storage device. It was a juke box the size of 2 telephone booths, with 150 14" dual sided optical platters.

Amazing how obsolete that old tech is now.
From 2 telephone booths to something the size of my thumbnail, and probably only 1% of the price.

Last edited:
Back