Westell Modem Access

UltimaParadox

Supreme [H]ardness
Well right now I am using a Westell Wirespeed 2200, that has DHCP turned off, and is set to be used as an ehthernet bridge to my Linksys BEFSR41, ( might have that wrong ).

Anyways I know you can go to either 192.168.1.254 or //launchmodem to access the Westell Modem setup, but now since I have it used as a passthrough I can no longer access that webpage. I am guessing there is setting in the router that is blocking me from doing this Does anyone have an idea what it is? I would appreciate all suggestions

I have always had to unhook the router and plug a patch cable directly into it to get into the modem, a little frustrating but i keep an extra cable between the router and one of the servers so it makes it easy, who is your ISP??

bignasty said:
I have always had to unhook the router and plug a patch cable directly into it to get into the modem, a little frustrating but i keep an extra cable between the router and one of the servers so it makes it easy, who is your ISP??

Bellsouth

Bleh has to be soemthing I am doing wrong, even if I hook up the modem directly I can not seem to reach the configuration page. Must be because I switched it to an ethernet bridge, and the only way I can seem to set it, is if I reset the whole damn thing..

My problem arises when I am port forwarding, before with a cable modem I had no issues just using my Linksys router to handle forwarding the BT ports 6881 -6999. I know before I had this set up right with my DSL modem, but I think you have to forward the ports on the modem as well as the router for it to work right. Right now using Azerus BT client and it keeps reporting a NAT error, and I am definetly not getting the speeds I use to.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

ok, i have one set up in bridge mode connected to one of the 8 port linksys router things, it works really well including port forwarding for ftp, rdp, and bt... interesting that it doesnt work, do you have one of the white ones or one of the newer black ones...

bignasty said:
ok, i have one set up in bridge mode connected to one of the 8 port linksys router things, it works really well including port forwarding for ftp, rdp, and bt... interesting that it doesnt work, do you have one of the white ones or one of the newer black ones...

white ones =/, its got the Bellsouth configs though

ok, the black ones i have noticed dont behave quite the same, i have a white one with bellsouth's crap loaded in and it works fine using this linksys device http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=33-124-022&depa=5

good luck, i would look at the config and tell u all the exact settings but i dont have access to the modem unless i hook directly to it, you can however call bellsouth i ran into a problem and they were able to get me around it.

Back