We're all gonna love Kepler.....but ask yourself this : Do we really NEED Kepler?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes because I can use SSAA, AO, 3D, 120hz/fps, PhysX, surround etc. if I want.

So lipstick on a pig mentality? Xbox 360 games ported are not making full use of this card anyways. Hardware side, yes, you can max them out with effects like physx, 3d, 120 hz etc but then you got a smeary lipstick ridden pig and it's still a pig. Surround, yep, 3+ monitors for a game that looks as good (sometimes worse depending on shoddy programmer) as a 360 game high res.

Would you guys upgrade to a Kepler to run a pc port of an Xbox 360 game?

Well, not all games are THAT bad, c'mon :p

As I've mentioned in my earlier post, some games like BF3 is really pushing current hardware, I don't think even a GTX 580 could run BF3 in all of its glory with some MSAA thrown in.

Sure, 90% of the games in my Steam library wont need it, but there are few games that my current card can no longer handle, and an upgrade is necessary for me. So why not go for the best if I'm going to get a new one anyway.;)

True. I want Kepler because I am just a videocard a holic and Ive always tested the latest and greatest. Is there a single game out there I play now that can't be played on my 480? Nope. But I will have that Kepler, oh yes.

I'm perfectly, 100% happy with my aftermarket cooled 580, and looking at the list of upcoming games this year there won't be anything that will require more.

And yet, I'm getting that tingly feeling looking at H's review of the MSI 7970 and the leaked 680 graphs. It's an emotional response at this point, conditioned by 15+ years of upgrading video cards (voodoo2 holla), even though it's a couple of hundred dollars and a bunch of hassle with the only benefit being jacking up MSAA from 4x to 8x; and no, I probably won't be able to tell the difference.

Yes I did, but it was meant more for SonDa5.

So you quote replied to me? Makes sense......

Also your $499 is not official just like every other price being mentioned.

Since you are obviously quoting the Fud rumor article you might want to re-read the last line on the article before posting.

"Once again we must note that price is not official and until the card shows up on retail/e-tail shelves, or we hear an Nvidia's official RRP price, things can still change."

So you quote replied to me? Makes sense......

Also your $499 is not official just like every other price being mentioned.

Since you are obviously quoting the Fud rumor article you might want to re-read the last line on the article before posting.

"Once again we must note that price is not official and until the card shows up on retail/e-tail shelves, or we hear an Nvidia's official RRP price, things can still change."

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1681041

Straight from the horses mouth, our very own Steve. There you have it.

'It looks like someone has jumped the NDA gun and released a boatload of benchmarks for the GeForce GTX 680 2GB. Obviously we can't comment on any of the info you see here, nor can we vouch for the validity of this information but these numbers will certainly have everyone in the forums buzzing. With that said, we do expect this card to come in around the $500 MSRP mark which, if this info is close to being correct, will make things in the graphics card market VERY interesting'

Straight from the horses mouth, our very own Steve. There you have it.

It is not official until it comes from NV and everyone knows that.

Steve said "we do expect this card to come in around the $500 MSRP" not it will be $499.

Just like the 7950 and 7970 we can expect certain pricing and get something different.

Yeah but these guys still have close ties with Nvidia and I'm sure review samples so I trust them more.

Yeah but these guys still have close ties with Nvidia and I'm sure review samples so I trust them more.

I trust Steve and Kyle as well but at this point it is still rumor until NV makes it official yet you hand no problem stating it as fact.

If it beats the 7970 like the numbers are pointing expect the price to be on "parity" with the competition.

Wonder where I read that today? :p

Do we really NEED Kepler?

Answer: 90% of people do not

5% do

most will upgrade for the sake of upgrading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back