WEP security question

WEP is easily crackable. Google cracking tools for WEP.... you'll probably have cracked the password 10 minutes later.

WPA is reasonably crackable if: The network was secured with a weak password or you have special GPU accellerated cracking tools. You need knowledge here to crack WPA. Instant tools..no brainer tools are not the norm for cracking WPA.

WPA2 when used with a 8+ Alpha,Numerical non dictionary passphrase is rather hard to crack. (probably impractical to crack) Installing a worm on the network is probably easier.

Why are you telling me lol? I know all of this. I think you quoted the wrong post.
 
Just use WPA2-AES. Don't bother with WPA or WEP. While WPA is hard to gain access to, they don't need to necessarily crack your password in order to cause harm if you are using WPA-TKIP. So WPA2-AES is the best way to go, I recommend 16+ characters randomized. Though that is just my 2 cents.
 
Back
Top