• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Well, Where is It? CFR

JSTA01

n00b
Joined
Dec 13, 2004
Messages
23
I waited until 12:00am Tuesday Morning, lol and no download on the CFR site!!
I tried again at 7:00am and nothing!!

If this is in the wrong section-sorry
Where is it?? :confused:
 
Same here, thanks for the heads up.Added the link to th egame list and your nick as link provider.
 
Anyone played this yet? I have. It is alright. I am glad it was free as I would not have wanted to spend money on this. The game plays and feels exactly like the original Combat Training. One thing I have noticed is this game plays MUCH better performance wise than Combat Training did. The overall game plays smoother at higher resolutions then Combat Training did at lower resolutions. The game still lacks in game options for AA and AF which is kinda stupid. The physx based effects no longer halt and pause before they execute on screen which is good. The last gripe I have is this game still seems to only mention multiplayer via LAN. I was hoping to see some online server based options but they weren't apparent to me.

When others have played the game be sure to share your thoughts.
 
Did you play all maps with PPU? And how are the PPU specific maps. Still DL here.
 
I quickly went through them all. They are cool. Nicely done and even the level from Combat Training was redone better. There is two physx based things I REALLY thought looked great. The cobwebs when you walk through them as well as the bright red liquid that squirts from the cannisters when you blow them up int he lava level. The lava itself was only meh.
 
I downloaded it and keep getting the error the Extreme Physics requires a Physx PPU which i dont have. Checked the options and dont see anywhere to turn down the physics so basicly I cant play it..
 
For some reason I cannot see any of the videos, all I get is a black screen when they are playing. If anyone knows a fix for this be sure to post it.

My first impressions are they have optimised this to hell, it is still a lag fest on my crappy old CPU but it is definitely performing better. They even have low poly damageable cloth for none PPU users, still a resource hog but cool none the less.
 
I downloaded it and keep getting the error the Extreme Physics requires a Physx PPU which i dont have. Checked the options and dont see anywhere to turn down the physics so basicly I cant play it..

Fueling station and Proving grounds work, albeit not so well...

I wonder if you can turn off all the cloth effects that (look horrible as well as) ruin performance... Low polygon models should have the ability to be turned off... They're just not good looking. Maybe another command line option.

I really liked the demo better actually. The destroyable environment (without the PPU) is just aweful. It's fast enough, but the huge pieces don't look at all like what they would IRL. I wish I could afford the PPU just to test this out, but seeing as it'll go unused for quite awhile... I'll hold off ;)

Eh, at least this game FINALLY makes use of my dual core. Pegged just under 90% on both cores.
 
game seems to be way too buggy to play. i set it on a low resolution so i would have a decent experience but even that was crappy. obviously this wont justify buying a PPU yet...but thats kinda funny. i played WolfET for a good long time and it justified upgrades for me. and it was a free game as well. to each his own i guess.
 
Eh, at least this game FINALLY makes use of my dual core. Pegged just under 90% on both cores.
Same here. The older demo used a lot less CPU but it ran smoother. The game is pretty worthless without a PPU, but it's not good enough to make me want to buy one even if it was only $100.
 
Greetings all, after optimizing config files and a few parts of the maps themselves, I reached 160 fps +- 10, from 20 fps originally. Specs are a Core 2 Duo, 8800gts, 2 gigs ram. DO NOT GIVE UP HOPE JUST YET! I will release the edited map and config file for your pleasure in a few hours so you can rock some serious base - cheers
 
Greetings all, after optimizing config files and a few parts of the maps themselves, I reached 160 fps +- 10, from 20 fps originally. Specs are a Core 2 Duo, 8800gts, 2 gigs ram. DO NOT GIVE UP HOPE JUST YET! I will release the edited map and config file for your pleasure in a few hours so you can rock some serious base - cheers

Config file : EVERYTHING OFF
Map file: EVERYTHING DELETED

:D
 
Does anyone know of any online servers running? And if so what are the IP's?
BTW I got my PPU for free at a LAN party:D
 
Im getting like 17-25fps at 1280-1024 with x1800xt 512mb card - amd x2 4200+, used the above mentioned changes anything else i can do?
Does it help alot (run smoother) with a ppu? Because i realy like this game - demothingy :)
 
Now that we have Revolution I'm concerned.

YouTube is littered with videos of people claiming to be able to run Combat Training without a PPU; the fact they cannot run the liquids and cloth doesn't seem to discourage them, because they can run the game at respectable frame rates it was all they needed to call the PPU a scam...

Now it isn't difficult to figure out these people are full of it, they always show off running the game but not the affects the PPU was designed to accelerate. However if they conveniently ignored this, what are they going to be like with Revolution that has toned down physics affects for none PPU users?

Technically they are running the cloth and fluids, they are nowhere near as advanced as the PPU affects but they are still in there. Who here wants to bet we will be seeing a whole new range of CellFactor videos on YouTube claiming to have cloth and fluids without the PPU and yet again labelling it a scam?

Uh, looks like more headaches for me...

[edit]

Speaking of which I have a headache right now, why?

This is directed at the pro PPU crowd; has anyone else been up to their chin in people who have no idea why CellFactor requires a PPU in the first place?

I am trying to explain why today's CPUs are not sufficient to run the cloth and liquids CellFactor has; but they are complaining about how Half Life 2 has great physics and how that runs fine so why is CellFactor Revolution lagging so badly? People with quad cores and 8800GTX graphics cards bringing up this stink about the whole game being a scam to sell PPUs because they cannot run it smoothly with PPU accelerated affects turned on, they can run any other game fine so what possible explanation is there?

>_<

Is it any wonder why the general thought about PPUs is so negative when these people make up the majority? People who complain they cannot run the game at 30+ frames without a PPU and are sure to mention their uber GPU. People who complain they can only access two levels and accuse Ageia of cutting off the others on purpose to sell more PPUs when they are needed for the levels gameplay in the first place! People who think Havok FX is a PPU integrated into a GPU!

Jeez, it's going to be a tough week trying to keep the ignorance and propaganda from running rapid...
 
Does the ppu make such a difference in framerate?
Im realy thinking of buying one if it would realy help, do thought in most cases i made the framerate drop because of the fact that there are just more things renderd when you use a ppu.
Even thinking of buying a second x1800 to put in crossfire (have a mastercard) and a ppu if this would realy help alot?

Sorry for those questions, just want this game to run nice
 
Does the ppu make such a difference in framerate?
Im realy thinking of buying one if it would realy help, do thought in most cases i made the framerate drop because of the fact that there are just more things renderd when you use a ppu.
Even thinking of buying a second x1800 to put in crossfire (have a mastercard) and a ppu if this would realy help alot?

Sorry for those questions, just want this game to run nice

It'll sure as hell make the game LOOK a lot nicer. I just can't see paying for another card until we see how the future games will make use of it.
 
So just wondering, does this game make use of a 2nd core if a PPU is installed?
 
Back
Top