Well Valve did it again........*sigh*

Meh, it's typical Valve. But like you said, it will be good when it's actually released.

::sigh:: I saw it coming too, but it's still disappointing. However I would definitely prefer a quality release as opposed to a buggy mess of a wannabe game.

Oh well at least we are getting HDR, more maps, and more player models for CS:S soon. Thats something...or not.

Where's my Zoloft...

Is this really a bad thing? I actually kinda wonder if Valve is slow at things or just really good at double checking all products that come from them?

:mad: Why don't they just say "it will be done when it's done."

It would save everyone time and grief.

clownvomit said:
bah, as long as I see new maps and characters for css I don't giva sheeeyot.

I'm with you...CSS is pretty much the only think I play nowadays, now that I beat FEAR, QUAKE 4, SAN ANDREAS....etc.

lol, i just gotta laugh. iunno why i keep spending money on their projects.... well they are fun games though...

I'll have a new system by then anyway, and judging by the Lost Coast demo, I'll need it. I don't mind waiting.

Shame they have to extend the ETA. I actually don't care if something gets pushed back. That just means they are working hard to make it work instead of rushing it and making everyone have to pull out the Raid and find the bugs ourselves.

I heard someone hacked their in house network and stold the source code and now is recompiling what they have and will release it on the internet to prove that the game isnt really done nor even close and will let the world know this very soon...

....yeah ...thats just what I heard ..

[H]

Q1/2 of next year are going to rock :cool:

STALKER(maybe), Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, ESIV: Oblivion, and now Halflife2: Aftermath :D

My wallet's going to hate me next year :) Not to mention a new console sometime next year as well.

The extra four months won't be worth the three hours it'll take you to beat it on the highest difficulty setting... :rolleyes:

Exactly. HL2 was too easy and short.
I'm not really expecting much from this expansion.

fat_al said:
The extra four months won't be worth the three hours it'll take you to beat it on the highest difficulty setting... :rolleyes:

Please don't crap threads with something that lacks substance.

Whatever....it'll be out when it's out.
Why cry over it? Not like that will speed it up. ;)

R3Dcoat said:
Meh, it's typical Valve. But like you said, it will be good when it's actually released.

i would agree, but its not just valve, i don't know of one pC game lately that has come out on the first ETA the company gives, i only look forward to games when they are already on the shelf

silasbear said:
:mad: Why don't they just say "it will be done when it's done."

It would save everyone time and grief.

Yeah, why don't they just say what 3D Realms has been saying for 7 years now? :p

Valve has done absolutly nothing worth of interest for far to long, just like 3d Realms.

Oh wait they developed Steaming pile of *h*t. Err I mean Steam.

It's all good and dandy that they take their time with projects, you do get a finished product, but you'd think they would learn from the past and set the release dates accordingly. Do they do it to build anticipation, or don't they budget time to include f-ups in the dev process?

I lost total interest in HL2 after holding onto one of those damn ATi vouchers for damn-near a year, I hocked it on ebay.

Can't say that I'm at all suprised, and tbh not that bothered, I'd rather have a game with decent NEW content which isn't full of bugs; I for one am happy to wait :)

It'll be released in a combo pack with Duke Nukem Forever

Actually, Duke Nukem Forever is being released this holiday season with a $20 price point... which means that Duke Nukem will actually beat Aftermath to the shelves.

Lol, every time I hear the word "aftermath" I can't help but think of the Command and Conquer series. Where is Red Alert 3, you jackasses over at EA?!?!?!?!

retardedchicken said:
Q1/2 of next year are going to rock :cool:

STALKER(maybe), Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, ESIV: Oblivion, and now Halflife2: Aftermath :D

Thats if Aftermath is actually released when they say it will be next year. It will get pushed back again. I dont understand why Valve issues release dates anymore. I dont give a shit if it gets pushed back, because it will be a quality product. But for the love of god, Valve, STOP DOING THAT.

Bah they just want to surprise us with TF 2.0 once we are finished with with the full day of game play called aftermath.

Yes talking about the lenght of the expansion pack is reasonable. HL2 was done in a few days for most people. (those who rushed were easily finished within 12 hours of release)

Thing with valve thou, they aren’t just creating new maps, new script and boom call it a new game, they work on the engine making it better and opening it up to the older engine, source will be kind of like the unreal engine, its ALWAYS the SAME engine its simply newer features better features, except unlike the unreal engine was/is the source engine, the old games the updated engine as well (art, maps, models, and etc don’t get updated) basically the engine why today it doesn’t offer dynamic shadows, real time lighting, soft shadows, parallax mapping (actually it already is supported they took it out because it was buggy and to taxing for current hardware back when they worked on that portion of the engine i.e. 2003-2004) anyways I expected this and I’m not surprise, but it will come out so people trying to call this duke nukum forever are wrongly mistaken, as HL2 a DNF?, in the real world it was released LAST YEAR, yes it was late, but it wasn’t a DNF, same with aftermath, it will be about half a year late yea, but it will be good and its valve, its expected.

Chilly

fodder0 said:
lol, i just gotta laugh. iunno why i keep spending money on their projects.... well they are fun games though...

It's cause this guy is HOT!

b007.jpg

Psss... Herbal Magic time for him? ;)

Gabe is probably setting up another scam with ATI......er, I mean, "he had code stolen".....

I hope they rename "HL2 - Aftermath" to its original name:
"HL2 - The ending you were expecting to see in HL2 but we decided to milk everyone for an additional $20 Aftermath".

;)

Look it took over a year to get the, what 15 minutes, Lost Coast ready for release. I was only hoping that the Aftermath piece would be done by Christmas.

Quality takes time.....Look at the gripes about FEAR when it was released.....everybody was griping about the bugs..... and how it was "rushed"......

Ill wait happily if the game releases and is smooth and playable. :D

beanman101283 said:
::sigh:: I saw it coming too, but it's still disappointing. However I would definitely prefer a quality release as opposed to a buggy mess of a wannabe game.

Precisely - the gaming community already got burned with BF2. Good to see Valve took the intiative to tell us about the delay and are trying to make a very stable, quality product. I'll be happy to wait.

I would prefer to have it "right" rather then "now". There are other games to play in the interim.

It dose'nt bother me, I rather see a solid release then a half-assed one.

Yea, that sucks...but valve isnt in teh deadline business, they are in the making kick ass games business. They do need to either set a more managible ETA, or say "done when its done"...but regarless, it WILL be out when its done, so we will get to play it sometime. If they said it will be out in febuary first, noone would care. They only care because they feel as though valve maliciously lied to them...but shit happens...the game will rock im sure.

Like someone pointed out, i would rather have a completed polished product later than a half done buggy one.

Take your time VALVe, I will be here when you finish.
biggrin.gif

Wrench00 said:
Oh wait they developed Steaming pile of *h*t. Err I mean Steam.
people bitch and bitch about steam...but forget the impact its gonna have. There is no middleman anymore, which makes "independant" games more possible, and for people like me, Steam is more convienient than going to best buy.

I would like to hear your ideas on a new way to get your product to teh consumer with out a middleman; or even as convienient for that matter.

Back