• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Well phooey!!

[H]GybrushMP

Weaksauce
Joined
Jan 8, 2003
Messages
126
Got all the parts together for my new system

Shuttle SFF case W/ nforce 3 mobo
Athlon 64 3000 +
Gig of Corsair 3200
250 gig maxtor
plextor dvd burner

Anyway, the machine was booting fine, I was able to get into the bios, everything was recognized and all was good. Set it to boot cd, but instead of booting it just brings me to a blank screen and hangs there. But this is no longer the problem.

Since I wasent making progress on it booting, I restarted and started to hit F4 and ctrl-s to get into the RAID configuration Utility, just to look at it. Except I hit the F4 and ctrl-s during POST, for a split second a box appeared and said something about reprogramming the onboard LAN. The screen went blank, and im thinking "shit what just happened". After letting it sit there for a while, I cut the power. Now when i boot up, I get nothing on the screen, no bios beep or error codes, nothing. Im afraid it was writing something to the bios when I killed the power and now I have a useless motherboard.

BTW, I have reset the CMOS both with the battery and jumper.

Sorry for the length, just wanted to explain, any ideas, suggestions?
 
Back
Top