Well my other thread got closed....but I have more info

I tried a modified carrier file that's being commonly linked to on a cell phone forum that's pretty close to the name of these forums and it worked fine. I'm in Columbus, Ohio and i've been enjoying MMS this entire weekend.

Mods: I don't know the legalities of the modified carrier file, i don't think what i did is illegal, but just in case you do, i tried to be hidden about where i got the file from. If you feel otherwise, feel free to mod/delete this post.

hmmm I did what I think you did, and I have the ability to use MMS now, but they fail to send :-(

The iPhone has been able to handle MMS since 3.0, not 3.1. Just ask anyone in Canada. There were rumors that 3.1's release would somehow activate MMS on AT&T, but the only reason AT&T iPhone users can't send/receive MMS right now is because of AT&T's individual account lockout settings, not the iPhone: otherwise, international iPhone owners wouldn't have been able to use MMS with 3.0.

Also, carrier file modification is a hit-or-miss hack, nothing more. If it works, it works. If it doesn't, it doesn't. Just wait for the 25th. It's 11 days away.

The iPhone has been able to handle MMS since 3.0, not 3.1. Just ask anyone in Canada. There were rumors that 3.1's release would somehow activate MMS on AT&T, but the only reason AT&T iPhone users can't send/receive MMS right now is because of AT&T's individual account lockout settings, not the iPhone: otherwise, international iPhone owners wouldn't have been able to use MMS with 3.0.

Also, carrier file modification is a hit-or-miss hack, nothing more. If it works, it works. If it doesn't, it doesn't. Just wait for the 25th. It's 11 days away.

Thats what I thought that they added in 3.0 as well.

Back