Well looky here ATI 5770

LOL..anyway mean while back AT THE RANCH..these card are going to Rock xmas this year

wow that GPU die size seems quite small.
This is probably ATIs main cash maker for 5xxx series.

I can't wait to grab the 5770, I will be waiting for one to pop up to grab one asap :p . Anybody have a clue as to how much availability will be at launch?

Seconded, should be $160 according to the slides. Also I meant as to availability of stock on online stores.

If the 5770 cooler is quiet, that's a winner. Alas, the 5750's cooler looks like it could be much quieter. Can't ever seem to get every part of the equation right it seems. But at least one can get an aftermarket cooler eventually. :)

We know it will start @ $159, we don't know how it performs yet. Enough speculation, 24 hours and the reviews will go live.

So is the 5770 going to beat a 4870/4890 or about even?

From the benchmarks posted in the HD5770x2 thread which has been bombarded by thread crappers there is a HFmember who has a HD5770 and has posted comparison benchmarks from a HD4890 and HD5770 in the the same system.

The HD5770 performs a little below the HD4890 however the HD5770 has crazy over clocking abilities which may put it on top of the HD4890. Time and tweaking experience will tell if the HD5770 can beat a HD4890 when both are over clocked.

Big plus for HD5770 over HD4890 is lower PSU requirements and Direct X11 and the "eye Finity" technology for multi display high resolution.

HD5770 is looking great.

Don't like the cooler, hopefully vendors will get creative with the designs.

Yeah the cooler is pretty lame considering the reference cooler for the same pricepoint HD4770 was much better. Of course only one card was actually retailed with a reference-type cooler but I expect there will be at least one or two dual slot exhausting coolers for the 5750. HIS is the most likely candidate at or near launch and maybe XFX too since they did the reference-type HD4770 card. I expect to see some passive 5750s too or you could always slap an Accelero on it if the mounting holes line up...now THAT would look goofy in terms of heatsink:card size. :D

Back