Well, its here.

D4hPr0 said:
Well I was going to wait for the pump, VREG blocks for both of my X1900's and Corsair 800Mhz CL3 ram, but Im a bit afraid for my life now. HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

So..................Im leaving work now and I will be swapping it out ASAP and get some benches up for you guys tonight. It might take me a bit to swap it out though as I have to deal with a bit of plumbing.

Anyways, here is a pic of the system its going into to hold you ladies over till tonight.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v391/daywalker240/Setup.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Could you please get some pics of the rest of your WC setup? I'm curious about how many radiatiors are in there and what they look like.

Well its up and running now. It took a while since Asus has their heads up their asses.

I was hoping the layout of the P5W DH would be close to my old layout since the boards are almost identical. Well wishful thinking. Reversed connectors, moved connectors and missing parts.

This one really pissed me off. The northbridge is missing 2 clips on this board and since the Koolance block uses 4 points I had some trouble with it. I doubled up on the pins on each side and so far its holding fine.

Here is a pic.

Clips.jpg

Next was the the whole heatpipe unit. WTF!!!!!! Cant separate the two so I had to put little heatsinks on the PWM for cooling. Asus failed to realize that most people that bought this board to overclock. And just might use water cooling.

Ill call them tomorrow and see if I can get a spare heatpipe unit. If I can, the pipe on this one is getting cut.

Next was the BIOS. The board came with ver. 502 and I was really hoping that it would boot. Well again, wishful thinking. Had to put my 955 in and flash it.

Put the Conroe in and finally it booted, but in Bios it had the multiplier set to 13 X 266FSB which I know the chip could handle, but I like to go easy on my chips the first hour. After this I decided to reconnect my RAID.

Well I see SATA1... SATA3... SATA4.............RAID1..... EZRAID1....EZRAID2.....Shit...where the fuck SATA2 go on the INTEL side. Its late so Im thinking Im gettin blind or some shit. So I keep looking. NADA!!!!

So I decided to connect my Raptors to the EZ RAID1 and 2...well because its easy right??? Wrong again. It turns out that the Intel RAID runs on the SATA1 and SATA3 connectors. Granted I could of read the instructions, but I swear I thought this board would be almost identical to my current board and it should have been.

The biggest problem was me not disconnecting any of my hoses since I didnt feel like dealing with it. Tygon is not easy to get lose after its been on for a while so I decided to pull the mobo with everything connected. Lets just put it this way. My middle name is Houdini now.

Ok so its together now.

Together.jpg

Still needs a bit of cleaning up, but at least its running.

My previous system was a Gallatin 3.4 @ 3.7GHZ with a X800XT PE and I scored 30100 in 3DMark2001.
After I upgraded to the 955XE @ 4.5GHZ and CrossFire my score went up to 36800 in 3DMark2001.

I was a bit bummed about it since I was expecting more with the 955XE.

Anyways, stock clocks on everything and nothing is tweaked yet. I dont like synthetic benchmarks that much, but thats all I got play with so far. I will be updating as I go.
I will bench single and dual GPU configurations to see how Conroe effects CrossFire soon BTW.

ConroeStock.jpg

I will. Still messin with the system. I didnt reformat so I had some driver issues.

I will be benching tomorrow on my Dell 3007 @ native to see if this CPU helps my Crossfire setup. So far they seem to like one another a lot.

Ooops!! Posted on my buds account.

Back