• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Well, I learn something new every night...(sometimes)

Lofapoo

Weaksauce
Joined
Feb 21, 2004
Messages
124
If my computer is off for a while (a rare occasion) when I boot it back up my CPU fan was reaaaaally loud up until Windows was fully loaded, more or less. Tonight I was messing around inside the box and wanted to test something, but not have it be so loud, so I unplugged my CPU fan and turned on the computer. To my surprise the noise was still there. Every single fan on in my computer was unplugged... except for the one in the PSU. So after I finished what I was doing, I pulled out my PSU, opened it up, only to find that the entire thing was covered in dust (I'll try to get the picture tomorrow or so). So much fucking dust... makes me want to open up all my machines and clean out the PSUs in fear of them dying soon :p After I cleaned it out I put it back in and booted up my computer. Noise is gone and overall PC generated noise is down some.

CLEAN YOUR PSU'S! :D

Maybe 2AM is not the best time to try to stealth your optical drives, but I'm glad I tried, otherwise I wouldn't have found out the problem til much later.
 
I try and clean my case power supply etc about once a month.. Damn cat hair gets in everything
 
Back
Top