well I am banned from most servers in COD4

2 things, never get nasty with the admins. The Admin is always right regardless. Now maybe he banned you for calling him a name, or maybe the admins cheat on that server, its not the first time thats happened. Some servers let anyone be a admin if they donate. which lets waves of assholes in. Second yah if you are banned on pb, you get banned by anything running pb. There is also a blacklist out there, i forget what its called, but some games use it, and when you ban people , namely hackers its published and other admins can thus ban you before you get on their server. But since you started calling this admin a name, is it possible you talked shit to other admins and forgot you got banned? or did the guy you call a hacker switch his name to yours?? cause spoofing is as common as asshole aimbotters.

Im a DOD and COD4 Admin, and was CS for a few years, and the shit that happens nightly makes the games unplayable at times. So many assholes come in just to cause trouble, and get attention since mommy and daddy dont love them.

This is a new exploit that the hackers have gotten a hold of from EB

Interesting read :p

Hi there.

It's been said over and over again: Punkbuster is always right, defensive and will never cause false positives...

...nc once proved the opposite, and we will do it again.

We'll go straight to the point, we can ban anyone from any pb game's master banlist, as long as we have a server for that game.

Banning them is as easy as typing a command:

> banbf2 /name Player1 /ip 127.0.0.1 /viol AIMBOT 50087 abcdef1234567890abcdef1234567890

After that command, any reputation of that player will be buried, his non-cheating friends probably will believe PunkBuster instead of him and hate him, his e-career will be destroyed, his clan will be kicked from any leagues they were doing at the moment, his game will be banned in most servers, etc, etc.

All that with just one command.

And this ban exploit is because of the stupidity of EvenBalance and the master ban lists.

We would like to add that making this "exploit" took us like 5 minutes after we discovered the gigantic security hole.

But, since you won't probably believe us, (after all, we're the "bad guys"), we've bothered ourselves to ban a lot of GUIDs, just to prove us right.

Grab some Doritos:

28sv87b.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaPB7shwJ3k

YouTube - The Unerring Punkbuster Season 2 Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joHlPx7mdQ4

So what are you going to do? Are you going to continue trusting in such a pathetic system?

Just remember that if a server admin doesn't like you, he can wipe you out... with one command.

This was just a proof of concept. A mere "demonstration" to say. If this doesn't get fixed, the next time we get our hands in a server, we're going to ban players discreetly...

One by one, bans that are identical to genuine ones... but are forged by us.

Can you trust a banlist where the "evidence" is a mere log file that can be faked easily, like we just did? I don't think so.

We could bet 10 bucks, without losing them, that this exploit has already been reported... Countless times. It was far too easy to find, for another person to not notice.

But it wasn't in the eyes of the public, until now. So they didn't give a fuck.

Would you trust a banlist staff whose conscience allows them to continue banning players, even through they know that some, might be innocent players, whose only crime was making a server admin angry?

I wouldn't.

Now, the reaction we expect is that all the bans caused by our server will get deleted with no trace. (EDIT: They already got deleted.) But, can you assure that no one knows how to do this? Can you assure that we wouldn't just distribute this exploit underground? You can't.

Your system bans innocent players, that is now, A FACT.

Credits:

PB lulz team.

Our friendly host.

All the donators who helped covering the server costs.

All serveradmins that were so nice sharing server logs.

PunkBuster Online Countermeasures.

PBBans

PD: Also a wink to the spanish community and their banned clanners, they served as good test subjects.

K here the vids on vimeo for better quality:

http://vimeo.com/1720576

http://vimeo.com/1720594

Well I went to evenbalance and did a request on my alias at first.
Funny I was banned 5 times...ok My alias has.
ALL of the bans were on canadian ip's

I created a new player and I should have picked a worse alias...something truly unique
that alias had been banned 3 times
AGAIN all canadian Ip's

seems that the canadians are the worst hackers...must be a free hack in canada LOL

=======================
here is what REALLY PISSES ME OFF
=======================
after doing this I just went to the server list in game and started joining games.
admin ban
got in
admin ban
admin ban
got in
HEY WAIT A Fing minute...that guy is on the team of the server I was banned on.
HOLY S#$^ I logged into the server that caused all this and I can play on it.
WTF

What is MOST annoying for me is the amount of grenade spamming that goes on.

I was banned from multiplay and epic servers for calling out blatant aimbots, some I had even recorded fraps demos as proof (did epic EVER finish the UT3 demo recording feature???).

I decided it would be best if I just stopped playing UT3. you get tired of seeing the same aimbots on the same servers every day.

ut3 is an unfinished pile of sh!t anyway, good luck with the console games crowd...

Well I went to evenbalance and did a request on my alias at first.
Funny I was banned 5 times...ok My alias has.
ALL of the bans were on canadian ip's

I created a new player and I should have picked a worse alias...something truly unique
that alias had been banned 3 times
AGAIN all canadian Ip's

seems that the canadians are the worst hackers...must be a free hack in canada LOL

=======================
here is what REALLY PISSES ME OFF
=======================
after doing this I just went to the server list in game and started joining games.
admin ban
got in
admin ban
admin ban
got in
HEY WAIT A Fing minute...that guy is on the team of the server I was banned on.
HOLY S#$^ I logged into the server that caused all this and I can play on it.
WTF

LOL ^^ Free hack in Canada.

BUT

The sad truth is...... Nothing in Canada is free :(

hey I an not about to say that only canadians are using aimbots or armor hacks.
It was just what showed up under 2 names.

From what I saw when I was looking at hacks and hackers...most of these people are paying $100 dollars for these hacks..completly undetectable by PB...(PB is such a joke it isn't even funny)

I can't believe someone would pay $100 for a hack to use on a $30 game...but some people have to win and be the big shot no matter what.
It really makes me maddest when you see a hack go 89 7 in a match and then start off saying Fing noobs.

I was banned from multiplay and epic servers for calling out blatant aimbots, some I had even recorded fraps demos as proof (did epic EVER finish the UT3 demo recording feature???).

I decided it would be best if I just stopped playing UT3. you get tired of seeing the same aimbots on the same servers every day.

ut3 is an unfinished pile of sh!t anyway, good luck with the console games crowd...

they probably weren't cheating and just killing you and you thought they were cheating.

I love to Hack in games and screw it up for everyone, its a lot of fun. Without Aimbots i wouldnt even play FPS. :)

they probably weren't cheating and just killing you and you thought they were cheating.

and you say "probably" based on what, other than your predisposition to defend blatant hacks ?

I have recorded demos of multiple headshots back to back to back to back without missing a single shot. that is not skill, it is aimbotting.

Yea last night they guy was 29-3 after about 3 minutes in the game. I was running behind a tall fence no way to see me...burst....bam head shot...then he shot me 3 more times lying on the ground. AIMBOT
I quit out when he as 85 and 7.
Everyone said ban his ass..the ops were in the game playing...NOT UNLESS YOU CAN PROVE HE IS HACKING.....Caps and all. of course he was on their side.

How am I supposed to prove it? Can't the server ops follow and see this shit ? IF a clan server allows this are they supporting hacks? Their server should be taken off the official list.

Yea last night they guy was 29-3 after about 3 minutes in the game. I was running behind a tall fence no way to see me...burst....bam head shot...then he shot me 3 more times lying on the ground. AIMBOT
I quit out when he as 85 and 7.
Everyone said ban his ass..the ops were in the game playing...NOT UNLESS YOU CAN PROVE HE IS HACKING.....Caps and all. of course he was on their side.

How am I supposed to prove it? Can't the server ops follow and see this shit ? IF a clan server allows this are they supporting hacks? Their server should be taken off the official list.

Even if you were right, you were wrong to call him out. I HATE people who call out AIMBOT OMG HAX just because you own people. If you are getting owned and think someone is cheating, leave the effing server and join another. You look like a douche to everyone by calling someone hax, even if you may be right. No sympathy for your bans.

First I was not the only one calling him a hack. When I quit out I spawned behind a 12 foot tall concrete wall..BAM headshot thru the wall before I could even move...3 more dropped in 3 more shots...THAT IS AN AIMBOT
No ifs, no ands, and no buts. AIMBOT

First I was not the only one calling him a hack. When I quit out I spawned behind a 12 foot tall concrete wall..BAM headshot thru the wall before I could even move...3 more dropped in 3 more shots...THAT IS AN AIMBOT
No ifs, no ands, and no buts. AIMBOT

shooting through walls is skill !

unfortunately, at this point we are just feeding trolls. anyone who is going to tell you that you are wrong!!11 based on their personal opinion rather than actual fact or observation is just looking to argue.

Bottom line... people with no skill will continue cheating at FPS games, admins may or may not care, and punkbuster is flawed. /endthread

ive never actually played cod4, but in DOD:S the 30 cal and mg42 machineguns bullets intentionally penetrate walls. And you find yourself sometimes shooting a building into swiss cheese when you see a guy dive in there, but its part of the game.

wait, there has to be some way to hack your own registry/game code to change your login... like a regedit key change or something... because with a new version of the game, for instance, any 'bans' that you have should be linked to an old version of that game, not your computer/network, right?

Admins can be real douches sometimes. I learned that firsthand after playing with a group for a whole year, then I basically get cast out because some admin posted shit about me on the forum.

At the end of the day, its just a game. I know you don't want to hear this, but you may just have to spend another $40.

When it comes to hacking, I am a strong believer in "If you can't beat em', Join em'!"

It ruined CS:S for a me for a while, but after I "went straight" it gained some of its fun back.

Back