• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Welcome to the fold...

cgrant26

2[H]4U
Joined
Oct 23, 2003
Messages
3,416
A year or so ago, I built a spare computer for netwrok storage and acting as a print server. I ended up running SETI@home for a number of months, but sort of forgot about the whole thing when the system died. It was a P3 650. As long as I've been here, I finally checked out this forum for the hell of it and I must say, I'm really impressed with the level of dedication by you guys.
Within the past couple months, I managed to aquire nearly a dozen 40 gig HDDs, a 5 system KVM switch and some various other parts to add to the boxes of parts laying around. I'm going to try to piece together a couple boxes for the [H]orde effort. I've got a few spare boards, the HDDs and a couple vid cards, just need PSUs and CPUs. (and maybe a switch to add ports to my router) I'll be doing an upgrade for someone later this month and I get to keep the spare parts so an MSI KT4 and XP 2100+ will be added to the effort.
I'm looking forward to doing some good.

*EDIT* Oh yeah, I hate that song. :)
 
Welcome to the [H]orde. More gigahertz are always welcome.:)
 
Welcome to the [H]orde!!

Feel free to ask any questions you have about setting up you clients... whether hardware or software related... we have lots of people here that'll help you with questions, [H]ardware, etc...


Keep on Folding!!

 
Back
Top