• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Welcome to Scorpionjwp

relic

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - August 2007
Joined
Mar 30, 2001
Messages
9,320
Fellow geek and new [H] DC team member.
Pherret and I met up with Scorpionjwp over the weekend afer we got in touch in the SMP forum here. Seems he's building a quad P3 Xeon.

Good guy. :)

He's also got a dual P3 mobo that is in need of a pair of socket370s. Currently it's running on a single VIA C3. If we can hook him up with a pair of CPUs that would make a nice DC rig.

Welcome to the team Scorp.
 
I found him a pair of 866s.
They were hiding in a box of spare CPUs behind the other (depleted) box of spare CPUs. :eek:
 
relic said:
I found him a pair of 866s.
They were hiding in a box of spare CPUs behind the other (depleted) box of spare CPUs. :eek:
lol

w00t, so that's quad xeon's + dually's :eek: :D
 
relic said:
Yeah, he'll fit right in. :)

Fit right in? You don’t like this guy?

Welcome aboard Scorpionjwp Join the ..ummm...errrr...crowd? Group? Therapy session?

Watch out for relic, he spreads addiction in his wake. ;)

BillR
 
Thanks guys for welcoming me to the team, Yes I have 2 duallys and a quad xeon.

One dual socket 370 machine, now thanks to relic, I can now run dual processors on this unit, Thanks Relic.

One Dual slot 2 P3 Xeon machine
dual 500mhz processors

one slot 2 Quad P3 Xeon machine, which is currently underconstruction at this very moment.

On the dual xeon, I just had to do a format and reload of the OS, it will be back up soon. :D
 
Scorpionjwp said:
Thanks guys for welcoming me to the team, Yes I have 2 duallys and a quad xeon.

One dual socket 370 machine, now thanks to relic, I can now run dual processors on this unit, Thanks Relic.

One Dual slot 2 P3 Xeon machine
dual 500mhz processors

one slot 2 Quad P3 Xeon machine, which is currently underconstruction at this very moment.

On the dual xeon, I just had to do a format and reload of the OS, it will be back up soon. :D
welcome, i can't wait to see the numbers you pump out :) why not join the newest competition here: http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=784768
gl/hf
 
Welcome, and remember dual amd's will feed your addiction too ;)

T-3
 
Hey guys I have sucessfully set up the F@H client with my Hyperthreading machine, I am running it for a week to get a feel for it, btw I entered in the team# 33, I'm here to help you out now, but my dual xeon is still being tinkered with in the basement, I will be up sometime today.

What is the average time for 1 unit to fold, and I figure for my name to show up on the folding@home it will take a day?
 
Scorpionjwp said:
Hey guys I have sucessfully set up the F@H client with my Hyperthreading machine, I am running it for a week to get a feel for it, btw I entered in the team# 33, I'm here to help you out now, but my dual xeon is still being tinkered with in the basement, I will be up sometime today.

What is the average time for 1 unit to fold, and I figure for my name to show up on the folding@home it will take a day?

Hyperthreading machine, i.e., one cpu w/ HT?
you should run 2 instances of FAH then...here's the formula

#ofCPUs * Hyperthreading(Yes=2 No=1) = Number of FAH Clients to run.
 
I suck with DOS or command line and or editing an config file, so please put that into to english for me to understand, or someone show me how to edit my file, so I can run two instances of this client.

Reading the thread post of setting up hyperthreading for the F@H client doesn't help me much even if I read it a few times.
 
Run 1 instance of folding per CPU you have
If your CPU's have Hyperthreading then its 2 instances of folding per CPU


Say you have an Athlon XP 3200 no HT = 1 instance of folding.

Say you hav a P4, 3.0 HT it has HT = 2 instances of folding

Now say you have like a dual Xeon with HT or something like that

2 cpus with HT = 4 instances of folding
 
you just need to make two directories for folding (start with just the *.exe for the second directory).... then when you run it (-configonly flag helps a bit... look at the FAQ for how to use flags) make sure you change the machine ID to "2"... :D


Keep on Folding!!

 
Scorpionjwp said:
Just to let everyone know...[/URL]

Scorp,

Unless you're giving it away or charging shipping only, I'm obligated to tell you to only post in the FS/FT forum.

Part of the [H]ardforum rules.
Sorry about that.

-relic
 
Back
Top