Weirdo problem

master noran

2[H]4U
Hey guys, I upgraded to a 4890 and MB in my sig right before I5 came out, it's been stable since then. The pc was out of the case sitting on a box for a long time because I was working on the case and just last week I finished a put everything back in, it would not post, and would restart after 5 or so seconds with nothing coming up on the screen so I shorted the cmos and took out the battery then put it back in, and everything worked. Except my video card is stuck at 915/1100, the overclock I had it before I put everything in the case, no matter which program I try I can not get it to stock clocks, Also while playing some games for about an hour I would have artifacts appear on my screen, the artifacts did not effect the in game models just the display and it would BSOD with some weird error (can't remember what it was but I had never come across it) After a couple of these BSOD's over the course of a few days it seems ok now, but I still can't seem to get my video card to stock (I can overclock it more though)

Well, I think I solved the issue. I deleted some overclocking software and now I can get my card back to normal. It also turns out the artifacts and BSOD was a heatissue, I turned the fan up and now it's perfect.

Back