• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Weird

Mj23foreva

Weaksauce
Joined
Aug 11, 2008
Messages
112
So I finally managed to get my Q6600 stable. The funny thing is it just would not boot past 354X9...I'm perfectly stable at 350X9, 4-4-4-12, Vcore 1.3, MCH normal, FSB normal...

No matter how much I increased voltage even tried 4.75 and +.3 MCH +.3FSB 6-6-6-18 +.3Ram...it would not work. In fact I actually got further into the boot if I lowered Vcore to 2.750...

Anyone know whats going on?
 
luck of the draw? *shrug* my e6850 refuses to do anything over 3.45ghz, could be the board though.
 
You might have an FSB hole. Try lowering your multiplier and going straight up to 401MHz FSB and see if you can get that to boot.
 
965 chip boards are known for FSB holes. Skip up like Zero said and see if it bypasses it.
 
Try going to 401 and higher like I said. IIRC, the FSB holes included 400MHz before the chipset defaulted to a lower strap.
 
tried it but still no go. Do you guys think this is as much a power issue as it is a motherboard issue? The higher FSB I go the more voltage it takes to boot correct? So would 400X6 use more power than a 267X9?

I just ordered a new PSU from newegg, PC Power & Cooling 750W . Price came out to be only $99 I thought it was an OK deal. What do you guys think?
 
It could be a PSU issue I suppose, although that would depend on what you have now (it isn't listed in your sig as far as I can see, but it would be helpful to know). However, using higher FSBs wouldn't have too much of an impact on power usage providing the CPU frequency doesn't change much. That PCP&P is definitely a great PSU though, so even if that doesn't turn out to be the cause of your problems it's still a good buy :).
 
I have an old Ultra V 500W that I got two years ago free after rebate haha. But I decided against getting the PCPC because i might have issues fitting it into my case since its soo long and the wire management would be a pain, I eventually want to get the HX1000 but I think that will be for a future build. I'm going to just be satisfied with my Q6600 running at 3.15 for now. I might even lower it to 3.0 and leave it at that. Probably will be more stable and 150MHz isnt a big deal. I'll try increase my ram multi and lower some voltage to get as low as possible and as stable as possible.
 
Back
Top