Weird yellow screen with Radeon 9800

Hodan

n00b
Hi! I recently upgraded video cards and gave my brother my old Radeon 9800 PRO, but about 3 weeks later his screen now turns various shades of yellow... from crystal clear to, well, really yellow.

I reinstalled the drivers (catalyst version 6.14.10) but it still has those shades of yellow.

I keep telling him it's probably his monitor but he says it's the video card. What do you guys think?

greyt_Autumn said:
check the connectors between the monitor and card. Sounds like it's loose.

QFT, this happened to me once but just blue instead of yellow. Tightened up my monitor connector and all was fine again.

If it still doesn't work, try a different monitor. I can almost guarantee you that it is a monitor issue. I had a really old monitor once turn all yellow on me too- tightening the connectors didn't work or anything. I just ended up having to get a new one (which wasn't too bad considering this monitor in question lasted me seven years).

Its the monitor. I had the same thing happen to a old monitor and it didnt matter what I did the screen stayed yellow. Installed new monitor, problem solved.

It's either the connection to the monitor or the monitor itself. As the above posters mentioned, the VGA cable is most likely loose.

Back