Weird Windows XP Errors

[BB] Rick James

[H]ard Dawg
Anyone ever seen or ran into these two particular errors? What do they mean? I was playing COD2 and all of sudden my game minimized and I got this error.

Error.jpg

I quick took a screen shot of it and then it rebooted my PC, a hard reboot at that. Then when I got back into Windows, I received this message.

LSAError.jpg

Anyone ever seen these? I'm running a virus scan as we speak.

**Edit, No viruses found**

I ran a virus scan and it found nothing though?

Edit, I just went to the Windows Site and ran the Mal SpyWare tool like it instructed me to do if I got the error I got, and I still found nothing.

I just ran several different spyware programs and mal ware programs and nothing was found? Any ideas? I also show the Image Name isn't running in my processes.

the sasser worm would do that also, if you had it. I think the blaster worm was a remote precedure call thing, not lsass

you can get the shutdown error without a virus...but if it repeats, its probably a virus...happened to me with the blaster

That's the clear sign of the Sasser worm. You should go to Symantec.com and get the removal tool. If it pops up again, go to Start > Run and type in "shutdown -a" without the quotes. That will cancel the scheduled shutdown.

djnes said:
That's the clear sign of the Sasser worm. You should go to Symantec.com and get the removal tool. If it pops up again, go to Start > Run and type in "shutdown -a" without the quotes. That will cancel the scheduled shutdown.

I ran the Symatec.com's removal tool and all is clean. I'm assuming this was an isolated instance.

[BB] Rick James said:
I ran the Symatec.com's removal tool and all is clean. I'm assuming this was an isolated instance.
if it just happened once, i think you are fine...it has happened to me twice (on different WinXP installs) in the past 2 years...

Back