weird vsync issue with Crysis 2 with gtx670

cannondale06

[H]F Junkie
if I start up the game I cant go past 50 fps with vsync on but if I turn it off and then turn in back on it will work properly. to be clear I am well over 60 fps in these areas so it is an issue with vsync just not working properly in Crysis 2 for me. if I alt tab after I have it working properly then again I have to turn off vsync and then turn it back on again. and this is on the 301.42 drivers.

on when starting game and cant go past 50 fps

off and see framerates are fine

back on and it works like it should

Last edited:
after some research it turns out its not my card at all that is the issue. it is supposedly just a bug with the game engine that happens at 1080p full screen. it is a little irritating to have to turn it off and right back on in the game but at least that fixes it.

EDIT: and just checked the first Crysis and it does it too in DX10. turning it off and back on in the first game does not fix it though as it stays at 50 fps. I finally get a gpu capable of averaging over 60 fps in all the Crysis games only to find out about this bug. lol

Last edited:
I have this same problem in every Crysis game. Turning V-sync on then off again gives me my 1920x1080@ 120hz. I don't use V-sync for these games just toggle it then leave it off.

I didn't start having these problems until I purchased my 120 hz monitor.

There is another bug I've read about that if you hook your pc up to an HDTV with hdmi you'll be locked @ 24 frames.

Hopefully they fix these problems for Crysis 3.

Back