Weird Sound Stutter like issue

esCo_

Gawd
So lately I have been noticing that my sound will sorta stutter kinda, its hard to explain, it doesnt cut out or get lower or anything like that but at times it will sound distorted. It will sound this way briefly, like maybe up to 10 seconds then go back to normal, but while playing BF4 this always poses an issue for me because it throws my game off. I first noticed it maybe a week or 2 ago and while playing BF4. At first I thought it was the game since it is known for having its issues. It also happened while I would listen to an MP3 on my computer.

Sometimes when i turn my pc on it doesn't even happen once. But like I said sometimes it will randomly due it when I boot up my pc. Any ideas on how I can trouble shoot this and possibly resolve this issue?

My computer Specs are

i5-3570k - @ 4.3
16g G.Skill 4x4G DDR3 1600Mhz 8-8-8-24
Asus P8Z68-V Gen 3
EVGA GTX 660 Superclocked+ 3g
Intel 520 180G SSD, which has most all my programs, and BF4 on it
Seagate Barracuda 500G 7200RPM, which has all my other games.
Seagate Barracuda 320G 7200RPM, which holds my windows image back up, and some random storage.

The headset I use is Turtle Beach X12

The Case it is in is a cooler Master Haf 932 Advanced, which I use the front audio/usb port for my headset.

Try lowering your overclocks. On my last computer, that was the problem. Also, is it onboard or discrete sound? Or is it part of your headset?

Defintiely sounds like a DPC issue tho something could be wrong with your overclock, do you have a external sound card to check its the CPU or somthing with the motherboard?

Back