weird shit happinin on my pc

jcmuse

Limp Gawd
about 1 weeks ago i get a virus alert popup from security essentials saying i have the vobfus virus and that it removed it. However, when i restart my computer i login from windows login screen and then i get a black screen -- explorer doesn't start. manually running explorer.exe just gets me the explorer application for browsing files. I'm able to start up security essentials to do a scan but it can't update itself and seems abit incapacitated.Finally, i read about going into regedit and changing a setting to get explorer to start when i start the computer. After doing that, everything works fine. My computer has been find ever since. HOWEVER, i keep getting this windows notification to backup my encryption key. I have not made any encrypted files on my computer! apparently though i created an encryption certificate on jan 23rd. Is there a way to view what was encrypted with this certificate? I hope the virus didnt like encrypt itself or something?:confused::confused:

UPDATE: shit, i was just doing a scan with malwarebytes and security essentials comes up with Trojan: win32/malagent

With some viruses, it's sometimes easier to just backup your data and do a clean install. Some will embed themselves so deeply into the system it's not worth trying to find. Even if you think you found it, it could be dormant somewhere else such as in an app you don't really use much.

Back