Weird screen blink

Luni

Limp Gawd
So I have my computer hooked up to a 32 inch Vizio 1080p 60HZ TV via HDMI, using a GTX 670 video card, it's got a 1200 watt PSU so I know lack of power can't be the issue, and it happens sometimes even when I am not in a game, so I know it's not a graphics card being over taxed issue, but anyways.

The Issue: Randomly, the screen will blink black for a split second, performance won't be affected, visuals won't look weird, it's almost like someone shut the screen off and turned it back on instantly, or as if I blinked at a time where I didn't, it usually only happens once in a while, with it happening at random times, I could be doing homework, or playing video games, there's never an error or video graphics crash generated when it happens, it's literally a blink. I've checked the connection to the TV as well as the HDMI to the PC both are solidly connected.

What could the issue be and should I be concerned?

could be the cable.

See that's something I wondered, but could it be the case even if I just bought the cable when I got the TV? (I admit I bought the cheapest cable I could, if not used a cable I had lying around) is there a specific cable that's recommended for using a TV as a monitor?

I've experienced this on a few different set ups but usually dual monitors. After going through everything I could think of, I've come to the conclusion that it is caused by dwm (desktop windows manager) and I don't know how to solve it completely but anything you can do to reduce the load that dwm is managing will help keep the blanking to a minimum.

I've experienced this on a few different set ups but usually dual monitors. After going through everything I could think of, I've come to the conclusion that it is caused by dwm (desktop windows manager) and I don't know how to solve it completely but anything you can do to reduce the load that dwm is managing will help keep the blanking to a minimum.

I never had the issue with dual monitor, then again my dual monitors were hooked by DVI not HDMI, how do I lower the work load of DWM?

Glitchy cable connection or slight HDMI interop issue could cause HDCP renegotiation, causing a screen to blink when it does.

Is there a specific brand of cable that I should buy for using a TV as a monitor?

Anything with high reviews on Amazon that doesn't cost less than $5 should be fine. This one looks legit.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back