Weird Problems

czech09

[H]ard|Gawd
Is there some motherboard/ram/cpu compability list that I should be aware of?
My Setup first:
MSI Neo4 Platinum SLI
A64 3000+ Winnie CBBID w/XP90, Panaflo 92mm and AS5
ddr500 Geil Platinum 1gig

Ok here's my problem. I tried overclocking, if I went any higher than 215 htt, it would post fine but when it would be loading windows it would crash and restart. At 215 htt, it would be fine for a few hours than yesterday it randomly took a shi'ite on me and restarted when it was at idle. My temps are idle about 36C. I haven't checked the load but I'm sure it's not too bad. I really think this has to be some ram issue. I am sure I it is locked, clockgen displays pci-e @ 100mhz (I cannot tell otherwise I couldn't find a locking unlocking feature on my mobo). I tried both 1T and 2T they both failed. I then ran memtest on 2T @ 215mhz it ran for about 2 mins of testing then it crashed and restarted...I downclocked it back to stock speeds yesterday and my timings seem very pathetic at 2-4-4-7 @ 200mhz (the ram is on auto in bios and is rated @ 2.5-4-4-7 @ ddr500) Anyways, I have yet to see if it fails memtest the way it is now, that's my next intension to test that. Does anyone have any other ideas as to what could be the culprit here? (Btw my sata hdd is in the third sata slot b/c I know that has been the problem on some mobos, I tried the first slot initially and it did the same thing).

Thanks in advance,

-Lubomir

Back