weird problems with X800XTPE

Summoner

[H]ard|Gawd
I have a couple of things going on with my new X800. First, i cant seem to able to get the screen on my Dell 2001FP to scale when you run lower rez benches and so on. It runs full screen on boot, and i set up the control panel to scale rather than center, but when i run AM3 or 3d05 i get the black bars all around. I run all my games and desk top @ 1600x1200 though, so its not much of an issue.

The second one is weird though. My card detects with radlinker @ 520/560, but sometimes after running a game it shows as 540/580. 3d05 shows it all the time @ 540/580 too and if i overclock, it seems to jump 20mhz more than i set it at. Also, overdrive is very hit and miss; a lot of the time when i set overdrive on, i just get a mess of pixels on the screen like theres a way too high overclock, so i reboot and all is ok again. Its almost as though overdrive is on all the time, and when i actually turn overdrive on, its overdriving the overdrive and pushing the card too hard, if you can understand that?

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I did try cat 4.12, 5.1 and 5.2 and they all do the same thing. Even in the CCC panel if i have that installed, sometimes it shows 527+ on the core with no overdrive (and the little dial is over in the red).

I had a K8N Neo2. I think there was something in the bios that would overclock your video card. You need to get into the extended bios to find it though.

Press Shift+F2 then Alt+F3 in the bios, and goto cell menu

Turn off NV/ATI Speedup

is there such "secret options...cell menu" in an msi 865pe neo2 if so does anyone know how to access them, ive already tried shift+f2 then shift+f3 to no avail. im looking to unlock the v-core adjust settings on this mobo there unlocked on the PFS but not on the S version

Got it, thanks for that. Im annoyed with MSI though that they have this setting hidden and set to auto rather than disabled.

Back