• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Weird Problem With drive detection on Reboot or boot up

Wags317

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 26, 2001
Messages
299
I have an Epox 8kda3j with AMD 64 3400+, 2 Sticks of 512 MB corsair ddr3200, SB Audigy Gamer, Trueblue 480 PSU and two Maxtor HD (80,40GB), and eVGA 6800GT. Now I have had this system for a 5 months now and everything has been cool no problems, till last week when I bought a Plextor 716 DVD-RW to replace my old Plextor CD-RW and now on occasion when I either turn my comp on or reboot it will hang at the "Detection IDE Devices" once that occures if you either reboot it a few times or turn it off then on everything should work and finish the post. I just can't figure out what is cuasing it because it is so random. For instance I reloaded my computer a few days ago and upon the reboots that are required it did it everytime.. since then (3 day) I have not had a problem till a few mintues ago when I rebooted. I have ran every test on my new plextor drive and so far it's in working flawlessly and I haven't had any sort of problems in windows or anything like that. which makes me wonder how this could be a drive, moboard, data cable problem. anybody have any suggestions to what could be causing this to occur just at boot?
 
I say double check the jumpers on the back of the drive(s). Make sure you have one master and one slave on each IDE cable. If that checks out try replacing the cable. If that doesn't work, then you might try a PCI controller card. Good luck.
 
Back
Top