Weird Problem, computer doesn't work

eL c0L0mb1aNo

[H]ard|Gawd
My computer doesn't work. :eek:

Just got my motherboard back from an RMA and went to install everything. Loaded up Windows, the first part was fine up until the first reboot. After it reboots, there is a blank screen after the line "Verifying ---- Data"

Already tried replacing monitor, video card, memory. Currently running low-level formatting on hard drives hoping that it will fix the problem.

So yeah, anyone ever have this type of problem?

Specs:
Abit Nf7S
ATi Radeon 9600
512 MB Kingston HyperX
Barton 2500+
2x WD 120GB SE

Also replace "My" with "My friend's"

Are you overclocking at all?
If so, knock it off and try again!
Otherwise, try bumping the core voltage a little
What speed and rating HyperX is it?
What are you memory timings set to?
Back them off
What brand and size PSU is in there?

Again, what speed and timing ratings HyperX do you have?

Also, BTW Antec doesn't make 400w PSUs, they make 430w and 480w, but it's rather moot because it's >300w, which is all you really need for that setup.

Try bumping the core voltage a little, and relaxing the timings that fail-safe gives you, because they're just read from the SPD which will give you the tightest timings your memory supposidly runs.

HyperX is PC3200. Timings are 2-3-3-7. Memory was switched out so I'm pretty sure that it's not the memory causing the problem.

well low-level didnt work and im running out of ideas (this is my problem...i didnt have access to a computer before) but yea i dunno what to do ill take any ideas!

Good call. the version 23 fixed a problem where SATA wont load without a ps/2 mouse.

Now i have another problem. I loaded up windowsXP and installed updates and installed the 3.70cats and then i restarted my computer and i get some corruption error. I really dont know what to do anymore. This happens ALL the time and im running out of things to do. any suggestions?

anything people? im pulling hair out here :mad: i think it might be the fact that im using those serillel adaptors that the nf7s is given so i could use my ata133 drives with the sata raid? could it be that?

somebody help me?
ive tried to install windows twice... windows installs perfectly then i install the nvidia drivers then i install dx9 and then i install cat 3.70s and then i restart and it gives me the corrupt missing file in windows/system32/config/system
it says its missing or corrupt. this has happened twice and numerous times before i RMAed the mobo so the mobo wasnt the problem, i ran memtest86 for about 3 days straight and that wasnt problematic. so im running out of ideas.

don't install your 2nd hard drive till you format the master and put an OS on it.

Have you run a thorough scandisk on your HD? You may have some bad sectors.

Exactly how do you have your pc setup. You mentioned SATA...

well the specs are up there what do you need to know about setup?
the nf7-s has SATA-raid on it so the drives are running under raid-0 using the serillel adaptors (the drivers are really ata133)
i have low level formatted the drives and i have run scandisk on them multiple times before.

Do you have an old PATA drive lying around?

Put it Master on the Primary controller and install you OS to that.

See if that works. If it does you can eliminate the rest of the system as a problem and focus on fixing your SATA RAID setup.

I guess that could be the problem.. im very attached to my SATA so i havent messed with it yet. I will be doing that now.

you could keep you RAID for your programs and games but put your OS on the PATA. That setup would provide you with a little more security for your important docs.

If one drive in a RAID 0 fails, you loose all the information.

Back