weird performance loss Win 7 x64

Digital Viper-X-

[H]F Junkie
So, I ran geekbench for the hell of it, and Cinebench, BOTH gave me bad results when I compared with other systems that were similar, so I started to dig around a bit and got a friend of mine with a similar system to run the same tests, surely enough, his lower clocked i7 produced a considerably higher result in both Cinebench R11.5 and Geekbench 2.1(I know not the best bench)

I booted up into my old vista x64 install, ran both, and got way higher scores, from the geekbench results, it seems my multi-threaded tests ran worse on my win 7 install, so is there something wrong with my install and if so what could it be?

Here are the specs

i7 920 @ 3.8ghz
P6X58D-premium
12GB DDR3-1600
VR 150GB for OS drive

Win 7 Ultimate x64

Benchmarks don't exactly tell the tail of horrible or excellent performance. Actually running an application & comparing the time it takes to get the same task done is far more effective for real time analysis. Running a gameplay benchmark for games is a good way to test as well.

I think that synthetic benchmarks are a waste to a degree when your own system is actually a good one.

well, technically cinebench is just rendering an image via CPU, wouldn't that count at running an application and seeing how long it takes :p?

Post up some numbers so people can compare and judge. Just saying they were bad does not really give us an idea of whats going on.

Sorry, but since you never mentioned anything I have to ask- you did install the latest drivers for your hardware right (chipset/GPU/Windows Update/etc.)?

Odd, I installed win 7 again, seems to be fixed now, im gonna test after each update, see if anything caused it.

Back