Weird non-POST issue

Wipeout

Limp Gawd
Hey guys, looking for a few ideas as to why something I'm test-building doesn't POST.

The system used to work fine. My dad upgraded the system the mobo/processor/video card was in and mailed those components (very well packed) to me. I've got them on my test bench, hook 'em up to power and switch it on, and nothing happens. Sure, the fans all spin up, but there are no POST beeps, the screen won't come on, nothing.

Ideas? Not sure if it's related, but if I hook up any IDE devices, the devices will not spin up. Disconnect the devices from the mobo, they spin up. Is the board fried?

Try clearing the cmos, as there are certian things that must happen before a post will occour. You may also check your ram, as fried memory can definately result in complete failure to post.

I'll try reducing it down to just one stick of ram.

Reset CMOS = pop the battery, right? Been a while since I've done that!

Should be a little red ( or different colour) button on the mobo
little clikc in one

Disconnect the power cord from the psu, remove the battery and wait for ten minutes or so, and then try again.
See if that helps.

still no dice. I don't get it. Processor feels cold, too, even though the northbridge heatsync and the video card are getting warm.

Back