Weird issue with PrecisionX and Windows 10

MorgothPl

2[H]4U
Joined
Oct 13, 2008
Messages
3,020
This is very strange issue I have - if I have the PRecisionX launched at startup, it immediatelly makes my windows (both 10074 and 10122 builds) unusable due to slugishness. Takes ages to type something, takes ages to launch any app, even stupid thing, like showing hidden icons in tray takes at least 15 seconds.

I blamed at first razer synapsę or latest java update, or SLI, but I manager to kill precision in system, and everything went back normal. But, the fun is, that once I restared it, it did nothing bad to the system. It only slows machine, when it's launched at startup :)
 
You should post on the EVGA board so you can let them know. If it's anything PrecisionX related I always blame their display server as the cause. It's a buggy mess honestly. You need to basically exclude all games or it can cause issues, problem is you can't actually just disable the dam program, you have to enter each thing you disable in the list or it still hooking into the applications. Maybe one of the windows startup programs is getting hooked by the display server and is what is causing it that is my best guess.
 
i've noticed strange goings on with precision x, my surround setup and the monitoring graphs of said program. If you have that open try closing it and see.... my setup is win 8.1 and x99 however.
 
just switch to afterburner an be done with it.....brand new release works fine with win 10 and has lots of new options
 
Can confirm there are problems in Windows 8.1 with EVGA Precision. Slow startups and lag issues. Went to Afterburner 4.1.1 and no more problems.
 
Win 8.1, latest Precision. Happens too. Keyboard keys are queued for like 15-30 seconds and it definitely takes some IO. Would switch to Afterburner but it doesn't have the same voltage options (up to 1.3v) as PX does.
 
Back
Top