Weird issue with Phantek TC14PE

Brampton_Boy

Limp Gawd
Prepping for my upcoming Haswell build, I picked up a Phantek TC14PE that was on sale locally (I have not received the CPU and mobo as yet).

Wanting to test the cooler out, I thought I would throw it on my old i7 920 to see how well the cooler worked. To my dismay, the screws included with the cooler are physically too thick to fit through the motherboard back plate (Asus P6TSE).

The manual clearly states that the cooler supports LGA1366 platforms, and I have the screws in the correct position (1).

I attempted to contact Phantek customer support, but they have not responded to my emails, and nobody seems to answer their USA call in number.

While this is hopefully a non issue when I move to LGA1150, it is disappointing to see a highly regarded cooler come with such crummy technical support.

I even tried returning the cooler to the store I purchased it from, but they only offer direct replacements on heatsinks and fans (no refunds).

Anyone else experience issues installing the TC14PE? The installation videos made it look so easy, but the screws are literally 1.5 times the diameter of the spaces located on the CPU backplate.

Back