Weird issue, maybe GPU related?

FRZ

2[H]4U
So my PC is usually left on all the time for the most part, and occasionally Ill wake up or come home to find that it is powered on like normal, but not sending a signal to my screen. I am forced to hard shut down my PC and turn it back on. Is this an issue people have encountered? I am assuming that since the monitor is no longer receiving a signal, it is related to the GPU. Thoughts?

Using two 970s in SLI with my monitor plugged in using DVI. The rest of the system is a X99 board with a 5930k and a Cooler Master V1000 1000w PSU

Haven't had an issue like this with 970 or 980 SLI both using DVI. What monitor are you using? Have you checked your event logs for errors?

Have you turned it off before bed, then turned it on when waking up Resulting in same black screen?
I'm trying to remember if i had the same issue with an old 21in samsung lcd.

Does the monitor itself have a sleep function? If you are a le to test with another screen, try that.

Curious now!

Im using an overlord tempest. I just leave the PC on, no sleep or hibernate but will turn off the monitor. The issue happens when I turn the monitor on and see it isnt receiving a signal. It doesn't happen often but it has happened a few times now where I am a bit concerned.

Im using an overlord tempest. I just leave the PC on, no sleep or hibernate but will turn off the monitor. The issue happens when I turn the monitor on and see it isnt receiving a signal. It doesn't happen often but it has happened a few times now where I am a bit concerned.

Are you using an OC timing on your monitor that doesn't allow the video cards to downclock?

Seems gpu related, but hard to say for sure. I had a similar thing a while back with a 260x. After changing monitors the problem went away. Have you tried unplugging and replugging the monitor?

Maybe try a BIOS flash for your 970s if the manufacturer has updated firmware available. Also if your GPUs have 2 DVI ports per card you might try swapping ports.

I have had the issue with my 970s whereby my displays (DP monitor or HDMI TV) will appear to uninstall after a long period of inactivity. When I move my mouse around to "wake" them up I'll get the chime like new PnP hardware was installed and it will show my display in the balloon popup by the system tray. They always come back, though. This has never happened on my 780s.

Motherboard.

I think this maybe the case. I was streaming a video and it crashed as the audio crashed too so it's not just losing video signal. Seems like the system is crashing but staying powered on. I have set up an RMA with vega for the board. Really frustrating

It sounds like a driver problem to me. I don't really know how you'd fix it but often time sleep resume problems are software related rather than hardware.

It sounds like a driver problem to me. I don't really know how you'd fix it but often time sleep resume problems are software related rather than hardware.

It's not a sleep problem, it occurs when the system is running

Back