Weird iMac 2011 issue

FerraraZ

Gawd
Just today I switched completely to Mac's which was a big step for me since I've built PC's all my life and used Windows, OSX and Ubuntu. Realizing I just used Windows for gaming and how I'm graduating and its time to stop playing games and paying bills I thought it'd be smart to get something I can be productive and like alot.

So setup new iMac Core i5 the base $1999 model. I have mini display adapters for hdmi and DVI so the DVI one was for my projector and seems to work amazingly awesome. The second monitor (22 inch HP) uses the HDMI to mini display. Whats weird is the Mac see's it and has pushed another desktop to the monitor, however its constantly flickering as if the monitor turns off and on very quickly. I can get a glance at the desktop (though low light since its not fired up completely) and see that a mac desktop is there.

Has anyone else had this issue? I do not know where to begin being that this is my first Mac desktop.

My only guess is to adjust to refresh rate and see if that helps.

Refresh rate in OSX? Or on the monitor? I dunno how I could on the monitor, maybe unplugging it from the iMac will let me see the settings enough. Even then, what refresh rate?

Woot! Progress!!! I lowered the resolution which seemed to help. The monitor is 1440x900 and it was 1680x1050 which was causing issues. Now the only problem is the resolution for the monitor is not listed!

Back