Weird Half-Life 2 Ep2 HUD problem?

Spewn

2[H]4U
No, not the one where the HUD isn't being drawn in the right spot, and the values are off the screen. My HUD just isn't updating ammo values. Health and Suit are both working fine, but my ammo counters don't change. I've tried loading a few previous saves, changing graphics settings, restarting etc.

Searched on google and couldn't find anything except the graphical error, which doesn't seem to be what's happening to me.

I can still play, but this is strange :/

Except the values are actually depleting in the game, a gun will need to reload(and do so automatically), eventually run out of ammo etc. The HUD just never shows it.

Because I forgot in my first post: P5QL Pro, E5200, 4GB ram, BFG 9800gtx+ OC

Edit: Don't know if this is related to the HUD problem, but now I'm getting a weird graphical error where the game isn't drawing certain environments as if I can't see them? For example, if I open a door I'll see the skybox until I walk through and then I can't see the room I came from.

All of this started happening "all of a sudden", so I'm pretty confused.

No, not the one where the HUD isn't being drawn in the right spot, and the values are off the screen. My HUD just isn't updating ammo values. Health and Suit are both working fine, but my ammo counters don't change. I've tried loading a few previous saves, changing graphics settings, restarting etc.

Searched on google and couldn't find anything except the graphical error, which doesn't seem to be what's happening to me.

I can still play, but this is strange :/

You're probably better off raising this question on the Steam forums, or by going through Valve tech support.

The HUD being off-screen might just have to do with a problem scaling resolutions... but the ammo count not updating is just plain odd. Could you post a screenshot?

There's nothing to screenshot for the HUD issue; It draws fine, it just only updates the ammo values when I load my game(just figured that out now).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/spewn/ep2_outland_090000.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/spewn/ep2_outland_090001.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/spewn/ep2_outland_090002.jpg

Those are a few shots of what's happening in-game. Two shots looking through the door, one looking back once I've gone through. It doesn't just happen in doorways either, if I'm in a large outside area it'll only render stuff fairly close to me. Draw distance error? I really don't know.

I always had this problem when I changed resolutions and didnt restart the game, but havent had the issue as of late.

I've restarted the game, my computer, changed just about every setting I can think of, rolled back from 181 to 178.24 drivers, rolled directx back to august 2008 and then back up to november 2008, reinstalled half-life 2.

I guess I'll wait, and watch the thread on the steam forums.

there's a console command that goes something like this. hud_reloadscheme. That's not exactly it, but just type in HUD and it'll show you a list underneath the console of the commands, find the one that looks like hud_reloadscheme.

Back