Havn't got the exact info right now, cause I am at work, but I can post it later
Anyhow, after I overclocked my pc, sometimes I get a really weird error when I boot Vista
Basically sometimes when I start Vista, the very first GUI image it displays (the color desktop right before you can log in), doesn't seem to be completely drawn when it first displays. Left side is completely drawn, but the right side sort-of fades to black. Its only like this for a fraction of a second.
I have run various tests in Prime95 for a few hours with no errors.
I have run atitool artifact detection with no errors.
System appears otherwise stable during normal use and gaming.
The system is:
ASUS strike extreme - FSB overclocked to 400 (1600)
Intel Core2Duo E6850 3ghz - clocked to 3.6 ghz, voltage reduced to 1.4 (i think) to reduce temperature. (was running at 70C with 100% load on both cores at original setting)
4gb Corsair XMS2 CM2X2048-6400C4DHX 800 4-4-4-12 - running in Sync mode with 1T command rate
2x XFX 8800 GTX XXX in SLI
Any ideas what may be causing this?
/edit
Once i get home, I will update the post with the actual model numbers for the hardware.
Anyhow, after I overclocked my pc, sometimes I get a really weird error when I boot Vista
Basically sometimes when I start Vista, the very first GUI image it displays (the color desktop right before you can log in), doesn't seem to be completely drawn when it first displays. Left side is completely drawn, but the right side sort-of fades to black. Its only like this for a fraction of a second.
I have run various tests in Prime95 for a few hours with no errors.
I have run atitool artifact detection with no errors.
System appears otherwise stable during normal use and gaming.
The system is:
ASUS strike extreme - FSB overclocked to 400 (1600)
Intel Core2Duo E6850 3ghz - clocked to 3.6 ghz, voltage reduced to 1.4 (i think) to reduce temperature. (was running at 70C with 100% load on both cores at original setting)
4gb Corsair XMS2 CM2X2048-6400C4DHX 800 4-4-4-12 - running in Sync mode with 1T command rate
2x XFX 8800 GTX XXX in SLI
Any ideas what may be causing this?
/edit
Once i get home, I will update the post with the actual model numbers for the hardware.