weird gigabit problem(urgent)

Net work setup, I have a 5 port linksys 100/1000mb switch port and that switch is connected to my cisco 871 series router to the internet.

My Intel 865GB chip set board with my pentium 4 northwood and I'm using the on board gigabit for connection.
All was working great with my ethernet connection at 1000mb/s till a week ago
This is what is happing to my server computer. For the past 5 days I notice the icon on the taskbar. It was saying network connections unplug, then it was on again. Then moments later it was unplug on and off. Is like someone is pulling the plug of the ethernet cat 5 cable in and out. Till today it die. It just show network connections unplug. I went in to device manager and the ethernet controller was working fine with no ? marks.

Now what I did is try different things. I change wires, try different switch ports still no go. Now my gaming rig (see sig) also have a gigabit ethernet adapter and is running at 1 gigabit/sec full speed. I was then starting to think that the switch is faulty, but my gaming rig is fully connected as always at 1000mb/s. I can see in network connection status. Then I order a Intel pro/1000GT pci 10/100/1000mb/s card from newegg. I start to think that the onboard nic has fail. I install the new pci nic card all went well. Install the intel drivers and now I can get connection. Then I found out that it was only connected at 100mb/s. I'm like WTF? I'm connected to the gigabit switch. I did network diagnose in the nic card properties from the control panel. All test pass but I got one info it said, "Auto-Negotiation is not enable on the device. The adapter has been configure to force the speed to a low seed."
I did click on the drop down list to enable option "auto-negotiate 1000Mbps" After hitting ok it will show the link at 1gb speed then again network connection unplug on and off till it just said unplug. So I don't know what to do, is just so weird. Is this a software or OS issue. It don't look like it's a hardware now.

Now I set it to auto detect for speed and duplex in the adapter properties . Then I hit the network diagnose and this is one thing that I get. (The cable connected to this port is missing pairs needed to connect at 1000 Mbps.)
That can't be true because I try different wires and all of then can work at gigabit speed. They are all cat5e UTP it was working before.

How can that be? I tried 3 cables and also the one that is currently working with my gaming rig is running at 1.0Gbps.

I pull the ethernet cable from the problem machine and plug in to my thinkpad and now is running at gigabit speed. The Led is also orange not just green. Is this weird? wonder any one every seen such thing? Later I will have to try to do a clean install of windows and see what happens.

Back