weird font on websites

DReborn

Limp Gawd
i installed some new fonts, no idea how that could do this, but anyways randomly on some websites and when i type in some online forms i get this gibberish (see attached image)

any ideas???

Have you tried resetting the web browser's settings to their defaults?

seems like it is only a problem in firefox...i guess i could disable some addons and see...

˙dn pǝʞɔnɟ ʎןןɐʇoʇ s,ʇɐɥʇ ¡ƃɯo

ya know that was strange, I got the same thing on my work computer at work using firefox. Shut firefox down and restart it and it works, but after a while it just goes back to this crazy font. I still have no idea what's going on. :(

so i went to tools, options and unchecked "use the fonts on the websites" and of course it works. obviously this is only a temporary solution.

how do i find which font the website is using?

what's weird is that IE displays it fine...which either means IE is just using the default fonts and not the websites fonts or it's just a firefox problem

Ok...i went detective on it and fixed the problem.

not sure how it happened but here's how i fixed it:

i downloaded Font Finder add on for firefox and used it to analyze the page. saw that it was using arial, helvtica and Lucida Grande. Well i knew i had arial and helvetica but not sure about lucinda grande. searched my font folder and lo and behold, no lucinda grande. little internet searching pulled it up, i installed it in my font folder and BAM...all working again.

so problem is back but now with Helvetica

not sure why it's not defaulting back to arial. i have all the helvetica fonts installed since i purchased them for illustrator but i don't have just normal windows Helvetica. not sure how it was overwritten but it is.

i have tried to even purchase regular helvetica but it doesn't seem to be for sale. always weird variations like Helvetica LT or something like that.

any ideas?

Back