Weird: F.E.A.R.

lee63

Gawd
Whenever I run 2xAA I get artifacts. little red and white dots all over the screen :confused: I have tried 2xAA in other games and It works fine, I have tried numerous settings with Fear and it only happens when I have 2xAA enabled , Do you guys think I got a bad game? Also soft shadows have never worked, even with my old 256mb GTXs, (I know that SS dosn't work with AA). Anyway thoughts please :D

Thanx in advance

try updating drivers OR try updating the game OR try the demos and see if u get artifacting with that...and what are ur temps when ur playing with 2aa?

btw wicked rig :D

Mayhs said:
try updating drivers OR try updating the game OR try the demos and see if u get artifacting with that...and what are ur temps when ur playing with 2aa?

btw wicked rig :D
Drivers are the latest chipset & graphics, Temps are 71 under a load. gonna try uninstalling & reinstalling the game and see what happens.

Thanx for the reply
;)

I haven't run into any problems with FEAR except the CTD once in awhile after leaving the game open for awhile and being AFK. This only happens in FEAR huh?

lee63 said:
Drivers are the latest chipset & graphics, Temps are 71 under a load. gonna try uninstalling & reinstalling the game and see what happens.

Thanx for the reply
;)

nps...yeh i cant see any problems with your drivers/temps...i think its the game, tell us what happens when u reinstall it :)

Well I reinstalled the game and updated it & tried 81.94 insted of 95s and its still the same :confused: artifacts when I run 2xAA . Im gonna go and buy the game again and see how that go's, if it doesnt work Im gonna give eVGA a call :confused: :confused:

Drop Sierra a line about the problem before you go out and buy it again. It's been faulty since you bought it and Sierra is a pretty good company when it comes to their customers. Atleast from what I've heard.

Btw: Nice rig you have there =)

What resolution are you running? The HardOcp preview here of GTX 512 SLI recommends 1600x1200 4 tr msaa/16 xaf as the optimum settings for F.E.A.R..

How do thoes settings work?

heatlesssun said:
What resolution are you running? The HardOcp preview here of GTX 512 SLI recommends 1600x1200 4 tr msaa/16 xaf as the optimum settings for F.E.A.R..

How do thoes settings work?
It works great, so it should run with 2xAA
:confused:

User said:
Drop Sierra a line about the problem before you go out and buy it again. It's been faulty since you bought it and Sierra is a pretty good company when it comes to their customers. Atleast from what I've heard.

Btw: Nice rig you have there =)
Thanx man, I wish I had read your post before I went out and bought the game again. Oh well gonna try it anyway

Installed a brand new game with all updates and 81.95 and still artifacts with 2xAA :confused: gonna call eVGA :confused:

UPDATE: I switched the cards and left the the first card out of my PC, and tried the second card ran it with 2xAA and no problems at all, so its the first card :confused:

Ohhhhhhhh!!! bummer... wow. I hope they overnight you a new one right away... :D

Did you try both cards by themselves? It's possible that this still might not be a hardware problem.

Back