Weird Error with computer Plz help

ReconSniper

[H]ard|Gawd
Ok, my system specs are in my signature. Basically while I am in windows the system starts freezing, or going really slow. My mouse is skipping all over the place but I am not getting errors. I ctrl alt del and the task manager never loads even though I can select it from the menu. I cant click start or shutdown or anything. Basically Im done at this point. I hard shut down it by hitting the reset button. When the bios posts it sits at detecting hard drives. after a while it detects none and goes on to bootmgr not found. So i unplug it and wait a while then start back up. This time it finds the hard drives and boots fine. Sometimes I will not get the freezing in windows but when I start up it says boot mgr not found and I have to load off of the windows cd. Everything works and no hardware has been added recently to cause this. I was just wondering if it was the HD or the motherboard. Since both HD arent being detected I figured it had to be something. I have preordered windows 7 so Im planning on formatting anyways. Let me know what you guys think is going on.

In addition to checking your temps, get UBCD and run some drive fitness tests on your drives after running memtest86+ (as Nenu mentioned) and prime95 blend test.

Yes. Kaspersky IS. Had it for about 2 years though and just started having this problem a month or so ago.

what model seagate is it?

the symptoms don't sound related to the issue Seagate had with 11th gen 'cudas. Those affected drives would simply brick (dead as a doornail) due to the bad firmware, IIRC.

Back