Weird cursor behavior with Steam (chat window)

xaneshx

n00b
For some reason, every time I move my mouse cursor over a Steam chat window, my mouse cursor ends up turning into a distorted green looking re-size cursor for a really quick second, and it then goes back to a normal looking cursor. It only happens on Steam chat windows, and it doesn’t happen while in-game. I took notice of it around the time Steam released a client update (2 days ago).

I used my cellphone and recorded a small clip showcasing what exactly I am talking about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzhCcFPD_C8

I'm on Windows 7 (32-bit) and I have an e6600 (@ 3.24ghz), 8800GTS running the latest 196.21 drivers, and 2GBs of DDR2 800 RAM. I have no artifacts in-game (CoD:MW2, TF2, CS1.6). Other windows and applications do not produce the same effect. What could be the problem?

I've never seen anything like that before... hmm... are you running any sort of windows customizations that could affect the cursor? Or a custom steam skin (not sure if those can have their own cursors or not...)

I'm using the default mouse scheme/theme that Windows 7 shipped with, and the default steam skin.

Sorry for the thread necromancy, but I've begun to notice this issue too. I just reinstalled windows around new years, so my drivers are new. I haven't noticed it in steam, but I have noticed it in xfire and firefox - it occurs when the cursor is supposed to change (like to a link hand or a window resize arrow).

Just thought I'd throw that out there - IDK a solution yet though, and it only happens occasionally.

Back